Southern Nevada Health District
280 S. Decatur Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89107
The Southern Nevada Health District was created in 1962, following statutory authorization from the Nevada State Legislature to combine the county health department and the health departments of several surrounding cities. Pursuant to Nevada Revised Statute (NRS) Chapter 439 the Health District’s powers and jurisdictions are as follows:
- Prevent and control nuisances;
- Regulate sanitation and sanitary practices in the interests of the public health;
- Provide for the sanitary protection of water and food supplies;
- Protect and promote the public health generally in the geographical area subject to the jurisdiction of the health district; and
- Improve the quality of health care services for members of minority groups and medically underserved populations.