- Assures completion of projects involving design and review applying seasoned professional technical knowledge and experience in the oversight of an interdisciplinary team engaged in carrying out projects
- Develops Design-Build Requests for Proposal (RFPs) and Design Bid Build documents (full plans and specifications) for projects to be executed by contractors
- Implements and enforces all applicable mechanical engineering codes, including but not limited to; International Mechanical Code (IMC), International Plumbing Code (IPC),
- Provide oversight in the development of required project scopes and cost estimates for A&E fee and construction contract purposes
- Prepare Government estimates for A&E fees and construction contracts
- Provide technical and administrative guidance to A&E firms in preparing construction drawings and specifications or prepare these documents personally
- Monitor progress of designs for adherence to schedules and costs
- Review construction drawings and specifications for architectural and engineering systems
- Review plans and specifications prepared by the A&E, coordinate review of other Government reviewers for content and completeness, and monitor progress of design reviews and adherence to schedules
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Qualification to be successful in the role:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Must have a minimum 5 of years’ experience in mechanical designs and systems
- Shall be proficient in the use of AutoCAD as evidenced by providing examples of previous work
- Possess Basic familiarity with related engineering fields including electrical, architectural, civil, and structural
- Experience performing facility assessments, design reviews, specification development, and contractor oversight is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites
- Knowledge of management and analysis techniques to identify, consider, and resolve issues or problems
- Strong communications skills in English both written and oral
- Must be a US Citizen
- Flexible to work on shifting schedule to provide office coverage of construction work at the site.
The Planate Management Group LLC Profile:
The Planate Management Group LLC provides technical solutions in difficult environments. Our installation management expertise covers facilities management / engineering, security, base operations, acquisition management, strategic communications, financial & resources management.
Our team is often contracted as a prime contractor to assure quality, safe and timely outcomes for our important clients missions in unique situations where others may be conflicted or lack personal oversight that an experienced and longstanding team, like Planate, possesses. Our team approach allows all of our professionals to leverage our specialties in different aspects of installation management to provide you the very best solutions.
Founded NOV 2007 in Washington, DC
Focused on Military Base/Installation Management and Base Operating Support Services Management
Management consulting, engineering services & professional services Company (SDVOSB)
Significant Department of Defense related work
Commercial and Government client work worldwide ( Africa,South & Central Asia, Middle East )
Professional interests in North America, Asia, & Africa.
Industrial Facility Cleared
A trusted confidant of responsible officials; a discreet practitioner of admired values; a bright light in distant places.
We listen intently and respond with passionate engagement in complex, difficult, and geographically-remote ventures that further the common interests of America, its international allies and security partners.
Respect all people; their beliefs, opinions, needs, wants, and aspirations.
Earn Trust with untarnished integrity, honesty, confidentiality and personal conduct.
Revere the client; obey his rules, serve him with a passion, work productively, and make a difference.
Listen actively; focus, hear, reflect, and relate.
Practice just-in-time, evidence-based thinking that integrates best available information, resources, and expertise with the characteristics, state, needs, values and preferences of those who will be affected and in a manner that is compatible with the environmental and organizational context.
Take Care of Our Own; personally and professionally, up and down the line.