The Structural Engineer will be responsible for assisting the CLC Projects Senior Resident Engineer in performing spot checks for completeness and accuracy of the construction plans and specifications in compliance with contract requirements of the projects.
This will be located in Perry Point, Maryland.
- Assures completion of projects involving design and review applying seasoned professional technical knowledge and experience in the oversight of an interdisciplinary team engaged in carrying out projects
- Provide support for the development of the Design-Build Requests for Proposal (RFPs) and Design Bid Build documents (full plans and specifications) for projects to be executed by contractors
- Provide construction briefings and reports every week on the status of construction for the Government every week
- Monitor Construction Contractor’s compliance with safety and environmental requirements, testing and report instances of non-compliance to the requirements
- Provide oversight in the development of required project scopes and cost estimates for A&E fee and construction contract purposes
- Prepare Government estimates for A&E fees and construction contracts
- Provide technical and administrative guidance to A&E firms in preparing construction drawings and specifications or prepare these documents personally
- Coordinate with Government representative and key players on required inspections and the coordination meetings
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Qualifications to be successful in the role:
- Degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of electrical engineering experience demonstrating a professional knowledge of civil/ Structural engineering concepts, principles, and practices that are typically found on military installations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suites
- Possess Basic familiarity with related engineering fields including mechanical, architectural, civil, and structural
- Knowledge of management and analysis techniques to identify, consider, and resolve issues or problems
- Skill in briefing managers and in communicating tentative recommendations regarding efficiency in program operations
- Strong communications skills in English both written and oral
- Flexible to work on shifting schedule to provide office coverage of construction work at the site
- Must be a US citizen
The Planate Management Group LLC Profile:
The Planate Management Group LLC provides technical solutions in difficult environments. Our installation management expertise covers facilities management / engineering, security, base operations, acquisition management, strategic communications, financial & resources management.
Our team is often contracted as a prime contractor to assure quality, safe and timely outcomes for our important clients missions in unique situations where others may be conflicted or lack personal oversight that an experienced and longstanding team, like Planate, possesses. Our team approach allows all of our professionals to leverage our specialties in different aspects of installation management to provide you the very best solutions.
Founded NOV 2007 in Washington, DC
Focused on Military Base/Installation Management and Base Operating Support Services Management
Management consulting, engineering services & professional services Company (SDVOSB)
Significant Department of Defense related work
Commercial and Government client work worldwide ( Africa,South & Central Asia, Middle East )
Professional interests in North America, Asia, & Africa.
Industrial Facility Cleared
A trusted confidant of responsible officials; a discreet practitioner of admired values; a bright light in distant places.
We listen intently and respond with passionate engagement in complex, difficult, and geographically-remote ventures that further the common interests of America, its international allies and security partners.
Respect all people; their beliefs, opinions, needs, wants, and aspirations.
Earn Trust with untarnished integrity, honesty, confidentiality and personal conduct.
Revere the client; obey his rules, serve him with a passion, work productively, and make a difference.
Listen actively; focus, hear, reflect, and relate.
Practice just-in-time, evidence-based thinking that integrates best available information, resources, and expertise with the characteristics, state, needs, values and preferences of those who will be affected and in a manner that is compatible with the environmental and organizational context.
Take Care of Our Own; personally and professionally, up and down the line.