Senior Software Engineer
San Jose, CA
This major company is seeking an experienced software engineer to enhance the 3D editor at the heart of its industry-leading electromagnetic simulation products. The successful candidate will perform design, development and maintenance of 3D geometry algorithms and associated rendering and user interface for various desktop applications in a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary team environment.
• Perform complex software development activities that may require extensive analysis in areas including 3D geometry algorithms, 3D visualization, software design and user experience.
• Employ best software practices and help to maintain them through technical reviews and mentoring. Participate in planning and architecture.
• Investigate problems discovered by QA or product support and develop solutions. Perform complex bug verification and release testing.
• Research and understand the requirements for a product, including target environment, performance criteria, and competitive issues. Assess needs and develop solutions.
JOB MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related technical field with five years of professional experience, or a Bachelor’s degree with seven years.
• Good knowledge of 3D geometry algorithms and familiarity with geometric concepts like Solid Modeling, Boundary Representation, Topology and Geometry.
• Significant software development experience using C++ or related language.
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design.
• A Master’s degree is preferred.
• Good knowledge of 3D geometry kernel tools such as ACIS or Parasolid is desired.
• Experience developing and debugging user interface code on Windows and/or Linux.
• Experience in the entire development process, including specification, documentation, quality assurance, and use of software engineering tools.
• Excellent technical knowledge in software development methodologies with experience in project planning and implementation. Ability to complete high quality work on schedule.
• Familiarity with electronic simulation and tools is a plus. Experience working for CAD/EDA/CAE companies is a strong plus.
• Good communications and interpersonal skills.
MARK GILBERT, President
Technology Futures Inc. d/b/a EDA-Careers…
OFFICE: 305-598-2222 CELL 305-528-6275 SKYPE MARKMARK5500
***READ MY COLUMN…CAREERS CORNER & NEWS ON EDACAFE.COMHiring Has Slowed And The Pendulum Has Shifted…Companies Need To Consider The Candidate Hiring Process More…Heading to ARM…
MY NEW 2017 ARM VIDEO…Interviewing Process Needs to Improve and More…https://www10.edacafe.com/video/EDA-Careers-Mark-Gilbert-President/486707/media.html
Bringing companies and engineers together in all areas and levels of Technology Specialties
Please call anytime, day or night, weekends included.