Engineering management position leading a hardware development team in defining, documenting, implementing, and validating of control schemes for next generation photonic integrated circuits.
Essential Functions / Key Responsibilities
- Manage a team of Hardware Engineers working on next generation photonic integrated circuit HW control schemes
- Lead your team through the design process, including schematic capture and design reviews.
- Organize and lead control validation efforts both internally and at external vendors.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on system integration and release to manufacturing.
- Deliver clear and concise status reports to executive management
- Organize and grow your team through recruiting and hiring
Education / Experience
- B.S / M.S / Ph.D.. in Electrical Engineering or related field
- 3+ years of management experience
- 8+ years of experience in hardware development and control
Knowledge / Skills /Abilities
- Demonstrated project management experience in a product development environment, ideally leading hardware and firmware teams through the development and product introduction phases.
- Significant experience in digital or analog control loops and digital signal processing
- Must have an understanding of HW/FW test, verification, and development life cycle.
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work independently and prioritize tasks for self and for team.