The Optical Integrated Component Group is looking for an individual to engage in the product development of optical modules. The individual will work with component design, system, and optical architecture engineering teams and engage in optical module test, design validation, and process evaluation for current and next generation devices in a fast-paced environment.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities
- Lead high-speed, optical module test and test set development
- Design of test plans and algorithms and execution of module performance validation tests
- Work closely with ASIC, Photonic Integrated Circuit (PIC) and module design teams as well as system engineering group to ensure quality release of new products
Education & Experience
PhD. in Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics, or equivalent with minimum of 3 years of applicable graduate-level and/or industrial experience in optical communications, photonics, high speed electronics or systems. We will consider Master’s degree with 3+ years of applicable experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Fundamental understanding of optical communication systems, DWDM transmission systems, photonic integrated components, electronic (integrated) circuits, and signal analysis and processing.
- Understanding of high-speed optoelectronic device characteristics and/or RF electronics
- Desired skills: programming experience in Matlab, C, C++, VB.net, or similar for automation of instrument control and data acquisition.
- Proficiency in statistical analysis and JMP software or equivalent is a plus
- Familiarity with databases and SQL (data storage, retrieval, and manipulation) is a plus
- Strong problem solving, failure mode analysis, teamwork, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills are essential to succeed in this position
- Attention to detail and willingness to produce detailed documentation
- Work well in cross-functional development teams