An immediate need for Geospatial Analysts supporting NGA's Office of Counterproliferation. Geospatial Analysts will provide full spectrum GEOINT analysis on the worldwide development, production, and proliferation of weapons of mass destruction (WMD), missiles, space and counterspace capabilities, and advanced technology weapons to combat tomorrow’s threats.
The Geospatial Analysis services include extracting and/or acquiring geospatial information, derivative information and multi-INT data for analysis, visualization and modeling to solve problems and enhance the GEOINT knowledge of mission-specific intelligence issues. This also includes extracting specific mission-related feature data in accordance with NGA data and product specifications and with respect to non-standard product requirements.
The incumbent serves as the senior geospatial expert on an analytic team - duties include data collection from diverse sources, spatial analysis, model development, creation of maps and graphics for analysts and decision makers, and delivering trainings and briefings. Required skills include: familiarity with a diverse array of GIS related technology; advanced knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems; skilled in performing queries and manipulating geographically referenced data; ability to effectively plan and manage projects; and ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. The ability to work independently and also collaborate with the broader team is essentially, to include explaining GIS concepts and supporting them while also ingesting their data results into new spatial products
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education:
Required education and experience:
- Candidate must possess in depth understanding of, and experience using, the following:
- Proficiency using ESRI ArcGIS and extensions for Geospatial Exploitation
- Demonstrated good oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency using REMOTE VIEW, IEC, NES, and common office software to include PowerPoint presentations, spreadsheets, word processing. Knowledge of the intelligence collection process.
- Experience with network analysis, data management, versioned editing, and scripting.
- General all-source intelligence analysis to include permutations and conversion of geo-database files, shape files, Google Earth KML/KMZ, and CSV files.
- Regular expression usage, temporal expressions, and geospatial representations (datum, projections, and coordinate systems).
- Experience using ESRI products developing applications in ArcGIS using including ArcObjects (preferred) or MapObjects; modeling with ArcSDE; GIS Server or ArcIMS site development, implementations and maintenance.
- Ability to work in a very dynamic and demanding work environment.
- Experience working the Counterproliferation mission
- Experience performing analysis regarding chemical, biological and nuclear mission areas.
Preferred Skills and Education:
The ideal candidate will be able familiar with ArcServer SDE databases and Flex internet sites (developing and editing functionality as needed), coordinate the development of custom applications in ArcGIS, develop logical models, and prepare required documentation. The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable in Enterprise Geodatabase Administration, conversion and update data for users and web application, experience designing, implementing, or working with ArcSDE implementations, database design and programming skills, and experience with Flex or Java script. Work is performed under the direction of the GIS Manager and is reviewed while in progress and upon completion for adherence to policies and procedures and accomplishment of goals. Experience using ESRI products developing applications in ArcGIS using including ArcObjects (preferred)
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security Profile:
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services.
Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, BAE Systems, Inc. employs approximately 32,000 in the United States, United Kingdom, Sweden, and Israel, and generated 2016 sales of $10 billion. BAE Systems, Inc. provides support and service solutions for current and future defense, intelligence, and civilian systems; designs, develops and manufactures a wide range of electronic systems and subsystems for both military and commercial applications; produces specialized security and protection products; and designs, develops, produces, and provides service support of armored combat vehicles, artillery systems, and munitions.