- Design of precision components, modules and subsystems to support the design of the next generation reticle inspection tools.
- Responsible for the complete design process, including:
- Driving requirements specification
- Feasibility studies
- Cost and scheduling
- Conceptual and detailed design, detailed drawings, using 3D solid modeling (ProE/Creo)
- Conducting various analysis, such as fluid, thermal, vibrational, and FEA modeling
- Understanding of Geometric Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Detailed tolerance stack-up analysis
- Hold design reviews throughout design process
- Procurement of prototype parts
- Prototype assembly and testing
- System integration and testing
- Create assembly and test procedures
- Documentation release and handoff to manufacturing.
- These tasks will require working with other engineering groups such as Optics engineers, Systems engineers and Manufacturing + Service engineers to ensure flawless integration and test at the subsystem and system level.
- Work closely with and manage suppliers to ensure all design requirements are specified and achieved.
- Address and resolve product issues thru the product phases.
Design challenges may include:
- Opto-mechanical & precision mechanism design
- Ultra-high vacuum design
- Precision stage design
Abilities & Experience
- Strong leadership, communication and problem solving skills.
- Minimum 3 years work experience in 3D solid modeling
- Ability to lead small design team desirable.
- Strong background in the design of mechanisms.
- Basic understanding of optical subsystems.
- Familiar with manufacturing processes including machining, sheet metal fabrication, welding fabrication and castings.
- Participate in and lead design reviews to obtain a peer-oriented design assessment.
- Contribute to team effort to accomplish overall objectives as needed.
- Demonstrate perseverance and a drive to be better.
- Must be proficient with solid CAD, ProEngineer/Creo skill strongly preferred.
- Experience in several of these areas is desirable: opto-mechanical systems, ultra-high vacuum systems, design of inspection equipment or similar instruments, motion controls, electronics, data acquisition systems such as Labview, measurement instrumentation, tooling & test fixture design, supplier management, Engineering change order generation, new product introduction, manufacturing support
- Should have experience in thermal, structural analysis and fluid flow modeling (Pro/Mechanica, ANSYS, CF Design skill strongly preferred).
Master's Level Degree with at least 2 years of experience
Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 3 years of experience.
Strong mechanical engineering fundamentals, including design principles, machine elements, materials, fabrication methods.
Must be proficient with solid CAD (ProEngineer/Creo skill strongly preferred).
Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA-Tencor, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?