|Principle Electronic Design Engr|
Working in the Wired connectivity division on Type-C power system products:
BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or other related field of study with a minimum of 10+ years of relevant experience in Analog and Power systems design.
Must have the following:
- Proven expertise in Silicon product development preferably in micro controller space
- The ability to work as an individual and as part of a team to deliver complex IPs starting from the creation of the spec, design, verification, and finally high volume productization is a strong requirement.
- Expertise in dealing and designing with complex IP's from different sources onto the same piece of silicon.
- Familiarity with fly-back converter system design constraints and trade-offs, technological limits of metals (joule heating/fusing/electromigration) and packages (bond wire fusing and power limitation)
- Solid fundamentals of transistor level analog integrated circuits, device physics and power system design
- Familiarity with Verilog-A or equivalent model development for power systems
- Design experience with analog modules such as ADC, DAC, comparators, amplifiers, bandgap reference etc.
- Understand ESD/latch-up mechanism and be capable to debug the issue.
- Solid knowledge of EDA design tools used in power system design (e.g. Simplis) and Cadence IC design environment.
- Ability to apply advanced principles, theories, and concepts in solving complex analog circuit problems with defined set of constraints.
- Have taken several products into production with analog circuits.
- Ability to quickly understand complex systems and circuits, debug and root cause performance issues is a must.
- A background in high frequency signal integrity modeling is a plus.
- Understanding package substrate, PCB, back-plane and cabling design and tradeoffs is desired.
- Data analysis (using MATLAB / Excel / Python / Perl) and test automation experience is highly desired.
- Type-C Power systems knowledge is a big plus.
Cypress Semiconductor Profile:
Cypress is at the heart of today’s most-advanced embedded systems, and solidly Embedded in Tomorrow, with a broad array of high-performance solutions driving the latest automotive, industrial, consumer, and medical innovations, and the most comprehensive portfolio of connectivity solutions for the Internet of Things (IoT).
Cypress is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, physical or mental disability, or status as a Protected Veteran