Summary: The System Designer/Engineer is responsible for designing and engineering audio-visual projects from Concept to Implementation.
- Design & Engineer different sized projects based on experience level as needed
- Responsible for generating a final equipment list based on project requirements
- Responsible for generating Project Technical Documentation to include:
- Architectural plans to reflect Floor, Ceiling, Electrical & Mechanical Requirements according to Bluewater Design and Engineering Standards.
- System Wiring Diagrams and Equipment Rack Elevations according to Bluewater Design and Engineering Standards.
- Cable Legend for Inter-Area Wiring.
- Project Overview as part of Bid Documentation. (Design Bid / Consulting only).
- Bid Specifications
- Technical Scope of work - This document is considered as the customer requirements. When finalized, the customer will sign off on it.
- Lighting Requirements. It is the engineers’ responsibility to discuss & recommend to the client the lighting requirements in respect to the functionality of the room. Color Temperature, Light Intensity, and mainly Lighting Zones.
- Acoustical Requirements. It is the engineers’ responsibility to discuss & recommend to the client the acoustical requirements in respect to the functionality of the room.
- Wire Labels
- Conduct site surveys, and needs analysis meetings as needed.
- Assist AEs with development of project scopes as needed.
- Responsible for conducting Design Reviews according to Bluewater Design and Engineering Standards
- Responsible for Supporting Install Staff during Install periods relative to Project Management
- Acts as a resource for the AV technical staff
- Provides field support on service technical issues
- Provides internal and external telephone technical support
- Acts as a company representative when interacting with clients on high profile issues
- Additional duties as assigned
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in the Audio-Visual Industry.
- A minimum of 2 years working in Design & Engineering capacity.
- A degree from a technical institute, college or university.
- Show internal drive
- Be nice
- Presentable and professional at all times
- Computer skills such as:
- AutoCAD or VidCAD
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Office
- Any additional Audio & Video Professional Software Knowledge is a plus.
- Manufacturer Product Training & Certifications. (Crestron a plus)
- Product Knowledge of Pro Audio, Video, Projection, Display & Control Systems.
- Product Knowledge of Audio & Video Conferencing systems.
- Understanding of certain aspects of Electrical & Mechanical engineering.
- Understanding of certain aspects of Networking & Data Transmission System
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Technical/other training or better.
2 years: At least 2 years working in a design & engineering capacity.
5 years: At least 5 years working in the Audio-Visual industry.
Licenses & Certifications