In this role, you will apply current engineering principles, team facilitation skills, and statistical process control tools to measure and improve key processes integral to the manufacturing process. Identifies key processes and develops relevant metrics to ensure process variables are quantified and within control. Identifies and conducts projects and facilitates cross functional improvement teams to improve manufacturing efficiency and reduce variability. You will assist all of our business units globally across various projects and processes.
- Evaluates process capabilities and competitiveness of potential mergers and acquisitions and recommends new technology platforms.
- Lead new technology machine startups and process development / deployment.
- Identify, propose and execute projects to improve efficiency. Prepares proposals & reports and executes planned projects, including, determining time frames, funding, procedures for accomplishing projects, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of projects.
- Identify, propose and execute projects to improve customer satisfaction, through performance and product reliability. Develops / improves product reliability, performance consistency and cost effectiveness.
- Develop thorough knowledge of all manufacturing processes and equipment; monitor and assess all equipment performance; develop requirements and participate in CER development for new/modified equipment.
- Statistically evaluate process parameters; assess impacts of material changes to efficiency and process integrity. Reduce scrap levels and increase yields across all BU’s.
- Develop strategies for process improvement and evaluate impact of such changes; actively participate in and/or drive root cause analysis and process improvement efforts.
- Be the plant liaison for trials and participate in all associated meetings and activities to ensure success.
- Participate in customer complaint system with the goals of prevention of future occurrences and complaint avoidance.
- Safety: Actively assesses activities and equipment on a constant basis to ensure no unsafe actions or results will occur.
- Will be expected to travel up to 75%
What skills do you bring to the role?
- Minimum of 15 years of process experience including, equipment design and new product development.
- Bachelors Degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Plastics Engineering is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated capability to lead cross functional work teams in the implementation of process improvements that yield cost reduction and bottom line results. Experience in the implementation of statistical process control and/or lean manufacturing principles within a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Engineering/Manufacturing Procedure writing and auditing experience
- Experience in the implementation of Statistical Process Control within a manufacturing environment.
- Lean, Six Sigma, 8D, Zero Defect, 5S, Kaizen, Kan Ban, DOE background
- High volume manufacturing experience, especially with polystyrene and PET.
- Experience in setting up process/cost operational metrics.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click on the following document names to download the files for review: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement .
Tekni-Plex is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of innovative, high quality packaging and tubing materials for products used every day by millions of consumers around the globe. We operate 24 manufacturing sites in 8 countries across North America, Europe, and Asia, we supply the leading international brands in healthcare, food and beverage, and consumer retail with the components they require to safely and reliably protect and deliver their products.
Through our extensive knowledge of chemistry, we create specific plastic and rubber compounds and components that meet the needs of our customer’s delivery challenges for products as diverse as over-the-counter medicine, household cleaners, food, cosmetics, beverages, and oxygen. At our state-of-the-art Global Technology Center in Ohio, USA, we continue to build upon our expertise to create new compounds and products to meet our customers’ needs well into the future.
Tekni-Plex was created by bringing together industry leaders over the past fifteen years. All 8 of our companies are leaders in our respective segments, and many have been in business for 60 or more years.