The Senior Electrical Engineer works independently on various projects as assigned by a Project Manager or more senior leader. He/she may oversee the entire design process or assist as a technical expert on a specialized design. The Senior Electrical Engineer may work on several concurrent projects. The Senior Electrical Engineer has gained extensive experience in all areas of electrical or mechanical design and is a recognized expert in his/her discipline.
Essential Functions of the Electrical Engineer:
- Perform field surveys to document existing conditions.
- Design of low-voltage and medium-voltage power systems, lighting systems, and fire alarm systems. Infrastructure design for security and telecommunications systems.
- Ability to perform load calculations and estimate sizes and capacities of engineering systems on a project basis.
- Ability to recommend a selection of basic fixtures, electrical equipment, and systems.
- Capable of discussing equipment selections with manufacturers’ representatives, Engineers, and Project Managers.
- Confer with other engineering team members to identify and resolve problems
- Coordinate engineering design with Engineers, Architects, and Project Managers to achieve project design intent.
- Coordinates plan changes and details with the architect.
- Preparing CAD/REVIT generated construction drawings.
- Utilize various types of software (AutoCAD, Revit, Microsoft Office applications, etc) to perform design tasks.
- Utilize lighting design software (AGI) to achieve required lighting levels.
- Perform submittal/ shop drawing reviews with timely response.
- Promptly respond to RFIs.
- Edit AIA project specifications.
- Investigate and develop project reports on existing conditions and engineering recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Architectural Engineering with an electrical focus.
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience.
- EIT certification, or demonstration of intent to obtain EIT certification, or additional years of design experience
- Strong CAD skills.
- Knowledge of REVIT-2014 is a must.
- Knowledge of building codes, the National Electrical Code, and industry standards.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, tasks and deadlines through completion.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- PE registration is preferred, but not required.
Allen & Shariff Corporation Profile:
Allen & Shariff is a client-focused Design+Build+Manage construction service provider. We believe that creating strategic partnerships with our clients enables us to provide the right solution for each project. The skills of our people, our proven sub-consultants, and our commitment to quality service make the Allen & Shariff team a valued and trusted partner.