The Mechanical Engineer/Designer is responsible for the preparation of contract plans and specifications, often for several projects simultaneously. This encompasses advanced calculations, systems analysis, quality control of finished projects, and field/construction coordination activities. The Engineer reports to the Senior Vice President and/or Office Management.
The essential functions of the Engineer are as follows:
- Performs design work in AutoCAD and Autodesk Revit software.
- Writes specifications and ensures coordination of their preparation with other disciplines.
- Represents ASC with clients at design meetings as assigned.
- Assists with preparation of project fee cost estimates.
- Contacts utility authorities for confirmation of availability, coordination of service entry points, and confirming facilities required for obtaining service from the utility.
- Consults with local regulatory agencies for conformance of design standards.
- Coordinates project scheduling with Project Managers.
- Completes details and advanced calculations.
- Conducts system analysis and comparisons with regard to economical and functional considerations.
- Ensures coordination and review of shop drawings and field problem solutions, including preparing field reports and coordination of all elements.
- Is actively involved in professional and trade associations and societies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Must have strong working knowledge and experience with the following software: AutoCAD and Autodesk Revit, word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and database software.
- Must have demonstrated experience in making decisions and effective problem solving.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels within an organization.
- Excellent planning and judgment skills.
- EIT/PE registration desired. LEED, GGP, BEMP or CEM certifications a plus.
Allen & Shariff Corporation Profile:
Allen & Shariff is a client-focused Design+Build+Manage construction service provider. We believe that creating strategic partnerships with our clients enables us to provide the right solution for each project. The skills of our people, our proven sub-consultants, and our commitment to quality service make the Allen & Shariff team a valued and trusted partner.