- Design mechanical piping and instrument diagrams (P&IDs) for power plant systems including steam cycle systems, boiler feed and condensate, water treatment, fuel handling, hydraulic, heat transfer systems, conveying systems, and air and gas systems.
- Prepare design calculations and specifications for major power plant related equipment including, but not limited to, combustion turbines, steam turbines, boilers, condensers, cooling towers, and pumps
- Prepare mechanical engineering designs, including layout, design sketches, and conceptual design.
- Check design deliverables in accordance with industry codes and standards, contract requirements, and company standards.
- Develop schedules, work assignments and staffing requirements to ensure successful project completion.
- Coordinate with other drafters, designers and engineers assigned to the project or a task, and reviews work progress and results.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, or equivalent engineering program from an ABET accredited four-year university
- Engineer-In-Training (EIT) certification required; Professional Engineering (PE) license preferred
- Three-ten years’ experience performing engineering-related duties
- Proficient in basic computer programs including MS Word and Excel, web browsing and e-mail programs, ideally with experience utilizing AFT Fathom or AFT Arrow (or equivalent) hydraulic simulations
- Japanese or Spanish language skills are preferred
- Fast-paced office environment; must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management while simultaneously manage a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively; regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen; occasionally lift and move up objects up to 30 pounds.
- Travel in the U.S. and internationally (5-15%).
Kiewit has evolved into one of the largest and most respected construction and engineering corporations in North America and Australia. With revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit is a Fortune 500 company and is among the top five engineering News-Record’s Top 400 Contractors.
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.