As a member of the Process Design Kit (PDK) development group within Infineon's Design Enabling & Services (DES) organization you will use technology data to develop, test and deploy design kits for use in designing AMS and Digital ICs. Furthermore, you will contribute towards improving design efficiency and productivity of design teams, and reduce design cycle time. This is a great opportunity to achieve high level of satisfaction and address changes through strong teamwork! We are open to this position sitting at our El Segundo, CA and Tewksbury, MA locations!
Design Enabling & Services (DES) organization enables successful product development at Divisions contributing chip design at Infineon by providing IP-Blocks for different IFX products, high quality Design System for all active technologies, Chip Design Flow and methodologies, Electronic Design Automation (EDA) tools, as well as R&D training by R&D Academy.
Process Design Kit (PDK) development group focuses on using technology data to develop, test and deploy design kits for use in designing AMS and Digital ICs using major EDA tools used at Infineon. The goal is to improve design efficiency and productivity of design teams, and reduce design cycle time. The development engineer will focus on the PDK Back-End development including: Parameterized Cells (Pcell), fixed cells and Verification Rules writing (DRC, EXT, LVS, RCX). That is in addition to understanding and addressing development requirement for the PDK Front End flow.
In your new role you will:
- Be responsible for developing Pcells, Fixed cells, Verification Rules (DRC, EXT, LVS and RCX) and PDK testing to meet high Infineon’s high quality PDK standards
- Understand design rule document and translate it into an accurate, usable and flexible PDK for use with internal and external EDA tools
- Create and maintain P-Cells using SKILL and ROD based languages
- Write and test Assura and Caliber verification rules
- Work with the front End PDK development team to ensure integrity, completeness and accuracy of final product
- PDK adaption to Camino Design Flow
- Work with the Design Teams, Device Design and Device Characterization groups to understand specifications and requirements
- Meet deadlines and achieve high level of satisfaction among PDK users
- Demonstrate strong teamwork, communication skills and work ethics with the ability to address changes and issues with the Device Design and Device Characterization groups in a consistent and effective way
- Respond effectively to design center requests in an timely and consistent manner
- Write PDK user documentation while meeting Infineon’s document control quality standard
- Apply formal Configuration & Release Management methods, project planning, and software QA methods
You are best equipped for this task if you have:
- A Bachelor or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related discipline
- Minimum of 8 years experience in circuit layout and/or PDK development
- Good understanding of layout techniques, Pcells and verification
- Thorough familiarity with the Cadence and Mentor Design tools and how a PDK is best used
- Understanding of the impact of PDKs on Time-To-Market
- Prior experience in PDK development and good understanding of fabrication processes
- Good understanding of electronic circuits (circuit design and physical layout) and IC Design Process, Front-to-Back
- Experience with Cadence and Mentor IC Design tools
- Strong background in semiconductor device structure
- Strong layout and design verification experience including but not limited to Calibre: DRC,LVS, PERC, Assura QRC
- Proven skills in programming and scripting languages (Python, Perl, TCL)
- Good Skills in the practice of formal software development methodologies, including but not limited to:
- Configuration, Release and Build Management
- Formal QA procedures
- Experience with MS-Office, ideally basic knowledge in working on UNIX/Linux platforms
Infineon Technologies Profile:
We make life easier, safer and greener – with technology that achieves more, consumes less and is accessible to everyone. Microelectronics from Infineon is the key to a better future.
How do we contribute to a better future?
With our entrepreneurial spirit
Through creativity and commitment we create value for our customers, employees and investors. We understand how semiconductors increase the performance of modern technology and enable solutions that will shape our lives today and tomorrow. Developed with passion and manufactured with precision, every single product proves our will to succeed. This is what makes us a reliable partner and helps our customers to become even more successful.
By accepting responsibility for society
Infineon combines entrepreneurial success with responsible behavior. Efficient use of energy, environmentally-friendly mobility and security in a connected world – we solve some of the most critical challenges that our society faces while taking a conscientious approach to the use of natural resources.
With a unique team
Men and women from more than 90 countries make Infineon a successful international company – with their skills, their enthusiasm and the courage to challenge the status quo and open up new horizons. Since the semiconductor was invented, we have helped shape the future – every single day.