This full-time permanent position based out of the Minneapolis, MN area will be filled by a candidate who can collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, providing design enablement in ASIC/integrated circuit technologies and design application support. Candidate will be a customer-facing Program Manager and Technical Team Lead for “spec-to-shelf” ASIC development projects, including IP development and integration, Process Design Kit (PDK) development, and technology investigations starting initially with a current SkyWater Technology and 3rd Party collaboration.
- Serve as the liaison between internal teams, design houses, direct clients, foundries, and end-customer(s) to ensure successful tape-out and manufacture.
- Own and manage 3rd part PDK and IP suppliers to ensure customers have an industry standard design platform.
- Build out an IP alliance program to identify, create and certify Key IP and partnerships from strategic IP vendors and design houses.
- Balance the technical requirements of design creation with budget constraints, fabrication schedules, and customer needs.
- Work closely with design, layout, and process engineers to understand and incorporate technology requirements into the models and PDKs.
- Facilitate and improve front- to back-end ASIC design flow and manufacture through PDK development, analysis, testing, and release.
- Deep understanding and project management experience with ASIC design (architecture to RTL to GDSII) & ASIC fabrication (tape-out to post-silicon validation and testing).
- Intimate familiarity with the full ASIC EDA tool-assisted design flow for ASIC development in advanced process nodes and cutting-edge technologies using industry-standard EDA tools and foundry PDKs.
- Experience interfacing between design houses and fabs/manufacturers to resolve issues, leading teams effectively on technical and project management issues.
- Customer facing experience a plus.
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills.
- 5+ years of experience in PDK development or related experience working in or with semiconductor foundry companies.
- BSEE or MSEE degree preferred with 10+ years of experience in the ASIC industry.
- Must be U.S. Citizen.
SkyWater Technology Foundry Profile:
WE ARE TECHNOLOGY INNOVATORS who leverage the semiconductor design ecosystem to design and manufacture technologies for consumer, industrial, military, and automotive markets, including:
- CMOS Semiconductors
- Mixed Signal and RF Devices
- Sensing and Imaging
- Silicon Photonics
- Superconducting/Quantum Computing
SkyWater is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, medical conditions, family care or medical leave status, military service or status as a Protected Veteran, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local laws (“Protected Characteristics”). SkyWater complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws concerning EEO/AA employment.