As a Senior Engineer, you will support the ICP-MS lab and perform a variety of engineering work to support the team.
Your Key Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the ICP-MS Laboratory
- Maintaining up-time and proper functioning of ICP-MS
- Preparing Calibration standards
- Extraction and analysis of extracts of Semiconductor components for cleanliness verification
- Reviewing of raw data and generation of reports for customers
- Focus on improving products or process that impact one or more technical areas or across multiple locations/facilities.
- Identifying opportunities for new products or processes
- Interacting with internal customers and existing and potential external customers/suppliers
- Support modifications to existing products and processes
- Develop, execute, and evaluate project plans/Design of Experiments (DOEs)
- Evaluate suppliers and new sources of products, materials, and components
- Interfacing with customers and suppliers on a regular basis to solve business needs
- Support product/process validation and resolution of customer problems
- B.S.in chemistry (or related field) with 5+ years related ICP-MS experience
- Knowledge of daily, weekly, and monthly preventive maintenance schedules/checks of ICP-MS equipment
- Demonstrated ability to independently troubleshoot and repair ICP-MS equipment problems in a production environment
- Ability to calibrate, prepare and analyze samples for trace metals via ICP-MS
- Skill performing serial dilutions using an Eppendorf pipette and analytical balance
- Must have chemical knowledge of concentrated acids and safe handling experience (PPE)
- Calculating raw data output into final concentrations
- Proficiency at Excel
Additional success factors:
- Experience with Perkin Elmer Nexion ICP-MS equipment
- Experience working in a cleanroom environment
- Understanding contamination control and mitigation of potential sources of contamination
- Experience handling Semiconductor process tool components
- Desire to work in a team atmosphere with varying responsibilities
- Excellent communications skills to communicate concisely with customers, vendors and team members
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrated use of Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA) methodology to manage risk and improve production processes.
- A basic understanding of statistics and statistical computer packages (Minitab)
Watlow Semiconductor Profile:
The world’s leading companies start with Watlow. Watlow, a privately-owned company, is the industry leader in the design, manufacture and integration of complete thermal systems including electric heaters, temperature sensors, temperature controllers, power controllers and supporting software. At Watlow, we are constantly driven to do more to help our customers. We take on big technical challenges. We are committed to projects that help our fellow human beings and we strive to learn more. From single components to high performance systems, we bring our thermal expertise to numerous applications, including semiconductor processing, energy processes, diesel, foodservice equipment, life sciences and others.
Watlow was founded in 1922, and was built on the family’s passion to “be the best.” This dedication created a steady stream of new products, a devoted and capable workforce and steady growth.
Today, 90 years later, we continue to strive to “be the best” by following the principles of Lean, an organizational philosophy that promotes continuous improvement. We call it the Watlow Way. The Watlow Way takes us back to our roots because it is a people-centric strategy that drives us toward stronger technical capabilities and continuous improvement, with the ultimate goal of creating superior thermal solutions for our customers.