Seeking a IC Design Engineer to contribute to building the next generation AI MIPS CPU and Machine Learning Accelerator
What You Will Be Doing
- You will be a valued member of the MIPS AI Engines team. This group produces the world’s highest performing machine learning solutions. We’re constantly pushing the limits of AI and ML IP design.
- Able to take designs from architecture concept to micro-architecture. Designs include high performance compute engines, high speed interfaces, and complex interconnects.
- Optimize designs, trading off performance, power, and area, depending on requirements.
- Implement designs in Verilog/SystemVerilog RTL.
- Debug logic in both simulation and silicon.
- Formulate constraints, perform synthesis, and check static timing.
- Perform formal checks, lint check, and CDC checks.
- Support the backend team for efficient realization of designs.
Required Skills and Experience
- BS or MS in Electrical or Computer Engineering.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in RISC/CISC CPU, GPU and DSP Cores
- Proven track record of multiple and successful tape-out of large, complex, multi-core CPU SoCs or complex sub-system
- Excellent written oral and verbal communications skills
- Strong sense of responsibility and positive attitude is a must
Desired Skills and Experience
- Good scripting skills (Perl or Python).
- Experience in Integer and/or Floating Point Datapath design
Wave Computing Profile:
Wave Computing is the Silicon Valley company that is revolutionizing AI and deep learning from the data center to the edge with its dataflow-based systems and MIPS embedded solutions. Leveraging over 400 patents, the company enables enterprises to accelerate their AI applications by easily and cost-effectively bringing deep learning to their data, wherever it is. Wave’s innovative AI system solutions provide high-performance training and high-efficiency inferencing at scale. Through the company’s MIPS IP licensing business unit, its RISC and dataflow architectures deliver efficient, scalable AI solutions from IoT edge devices to high-end networking equipment.