BRP is seeking a Mechanical Designer to help develop the next generation of Evinrude outboard engines. Located in Sturtevant, WI, the job responsibilities include leading design and analysis activities for mechanical components and assemblies from concept through production.
- Generate accurate CAD models and engineering drawings;
- Responsible for solving problems with limited direction;
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and design reviews to generate new concepts that meet product requirements;
- Deliver designs to the appropriate quality, cost and timing objectives;
- Create and maintain documentation supporting product development, including tolerance studies, analysis and assembly documentation;
- Coordinate activities involved in the design process between inter departmental groups and between the company and outside suppliers.
Qualifications and requirements
- Associates degree in Mechanical Design;
- High degree of skill using Creo or Pro/E, including large assemblies;
- Understanding of tolerances and stack-ups;
- Experienced in designing for multiple manufacturing processes;
- Demonstrated passion and creativity in solving design challenges;
- Strong problem solving skills and mechanical aptitude;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Experience with DFMEA and FEA desirable.
WHY JOIN THE TEAM?
- To work in a fast paced, challenging environment with a team that is passionate about innovation.
- To be part of a culture where you are supported and encouraged to grow, take ownership and become an influential leader.
- To do hands-on development and testing of fun power sports products, with the ability to make a significant impact on user experience
At BRP, we have a visceral connection to our consumers, one created from a shared passion for the Ultimate Ride. Our teams have a unique ability to develop market-shaping products and services that move people physically and emotionally.
Distributed throughout 107 countries, our product line-up includes Ski-Doo and Lynx snowmobiles, Sea-doo watercraft, side-by-side all terrain vehicles, Can-Am Spyder roadsters, Evinrude marine propulsion systems, marine propulsion systems and motors for Rotax karts, motorcycles, and small planes, as well as a full line-up of parts, accessories, and clothing.
Our 7 600 employees make up a big family of diverse cultures who all share a common value: innovation. Our people are passionate and qualified; by joining BRP, you will evolve at the heart of an experienced team that will welcome you with open arms.