Microchip is seeking a Principal Applications Engineer to join the Analog Power and Interface (APID) Division and be part of the Subject Matter Experts (SME) team. SMEs work with our field teams (applications and sales engineers) to provide power and interface solutions to our customers. They develop demonstrations, generate product support materials (application notes, presentations, etc.), and visit field offices / customer sites to support Microchip’s Analog Power and Interface products. They also interact with the global product development teams to help ensure that end customer requirements are considered when defining and developing new products.
- Support the field sales and applications teams to drive design wins with our customers
- Generate training materials
- Create demonstrations, evaluation boards, and application notes
- Travel to regional offices to provide in-depth technical training
- Provide feedback to the new product development teams about the customer needs/requirements
- Visit product development sites to get training on new products
- Collaborate with other business units, marketing, applications, and field teams to create Total System Solutions for our customers
- Occasional customer visits with the field team
- Work with marketing to track the major regional business opportunities
- Assist with new product development and application testing
- Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering or similar (Electronics, Automatics)
- At least 10 years of experience as an Applications or Field Applications Engineer
- Experience developing and analyzing analog power circuits
- Significant experience with power conversion, linear and switching
- Experience with hardware CAD tools for PCB design
- Experience using simulation tools
- Excellent knowledge of the laboratory equipment and analysis of the test results
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with global teams
- Available for travelling
- Experience with customer support
- Experience with EMI/EMC testing and mitigation techniques
- Experience in developing automotive products
- Hands-on experience with embedded systems
- Familiarity with C/C++ or other software/firmware development
- Experience with Altium Designer
Equal Opportunity Employer
Microchip is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Disabled / Veterans / Minorities / Women. We provide equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster and the EEO is the Law Poster Supplement. Please also refer to the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Applicants with Disabilities
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send us an email here with "Applicant Accommodation Request" in the subject line of the email. Alternatively, you may call us at 480-730-7330 to let us know the nature of your request.
Microchip Technology Inc. The Embedded Control Solutions Company®
Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of microcontroller and analog semiconductors, providing low-risk product development, lower total system cost and faster time to market for thousands of diverse customer applications worldwide. Headquartered in Chandler, Arizona, Microchip offers outstanding technical support along with dependable delivery and quality.
Microchip's Quality System is based on the elements and criteria specified by ISO/TS-16949. ISO/TS-16949 is the highest quality system certification mandated by the world's major automotive customers. The specified controls apply to all stages of design and manufacturing.