|Electronics Component Engineer|
Description: Are you ready to take your career to a new level and work at an extraordinary company?
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with perfection and build incredible products? For over 100 years Lockheed Martin has been designing, building, fielding and supporting some of the most advanced technology in the skies and on the ground.
Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world every single day. Join this highly innovative team providing ingenious solutions to complex technical problems facing the aerospace industry. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus. If you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
As we enter a new era of Strategic Weapon Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Join us in the development of the new Hypersonic Conventional Strike Weapon (HCSW). This new air-launched weapon system will include phases progressing through design, flight test, initial production and deployment of the weapon system.
As a Component Engineer you’ll work on a broad range of projects, in both a laboratory and manufacturing environment, that will challenge you to learn and grow in your career. Working side by side with designers, test and manufacturing engineers, you’ll use your education, experience and growing expertise to develop and evaluate new and innovative technology to survive in the most hostile of environments.
In this role you will:
• Participate in Electrical/ Electronic/ Electromechanical (EEE) Parts Engineering technical assignments related to hardware manufacturing and testing. Assignments will include technical evaluation and support of manufacturing issues/concerns
• Have a hand in the development of the program EEE Parts management plan, the selection, qualification, testing, and failure analysis of EEE Parts
• Prepare technical and progress reports on assigned tasks, prepare specifications, evaluate suppliers and analyze test reports
• Coordinate with other disciplines such as Design Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality Engineering, and Procurement
We're looking for:
• A self-starter who develops solutions to technical issues
• A motivated individual who's able to work closely within a geographically diverse team to resolve technical issues
• Someone with the ability to handle shifting priorities, multiple projects and timeline pressure to meet deadlines
• Someone comfortable with communicating in a variety of forums
• The ability to work with management and program representatives at several levels
This position requires the ability to obtain a DOD security clearance. US Citizenship required.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards and Recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package. https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/working-here#benefits
• Formal coursework, training, experience and/or knowledge in the design, analysis, and/or construction of electrical parts and circuits
• Electrical/Electronic/Electromechanical (EEE) parts related background or field of study
• Good writing, communication and interpersonal skills
• This position requires the ability to obtain a DOD security clearance. US Citizenship required.
• Non-conformance and failure analysis disposition experience
• Familiarity with or formal coursework in semiconductor physics and/or operation of parts such as hybrids, integrated circuits, transistors, diodes and capacitors
• Familiarity with EEE parts testing, failure analysis and non-conformance resolution
• Familiar with a variety of EEE parts including integrated circuits, transistors, diodes and capacitors
• Experience evaluating EEE parts for use in aerospace applications.
• Knowledge of engineering specification requirements and interpretations.
• Working knowledge of mechanical and/or electrical design, production/manufacturing, materials and processes.
• Current Secret or TS/SCI Clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Lockheed Martin Profile: