|QA Engineer- F-35 Quality Engineering|
This position reports to F-35 and will be focused on execution of Quality Engineering Projects, most notably First Article Inspection (FAI).
o The primary intent of FAI is to act as a validation and verification that manufacturing sequence, work instructions, and processes can repeatedly produce products compliant to engineering data package and design intent.
• This role will involve interfacing with cross-functional support organizations and process; focusing on shop floor application of design data.
• Direct support and interface with the F-35 Quality Engineering, F-35 Production Operations, Engineering & Technology including Materials and Processes Engineering and Production Engineering department.
o Role will be responsible for execution of each phase of the FAI, which would entail leading a cross-functional team of engineers: Design, Manufacturing, Industrial, and Operations. They will primarily oversee the development and execution of Corrective Actions Plans in addition to assisting other FAI Quality Engineers, who will be responsible for initiating the FAI packages and performing the coordination necessary to execute the FAI. For Each FAI Package, Quality Engineering will have the following tasks:
o Perform desk reviews, to include communicating measurement methods and sequencing with represented personnel.
o Help to develop the Corrective Action Plans (CAPs) for all failed FAIs.
o This will include coordinating and communicating with all functions necessary to develop and execute the CAP.
• Help to Leverage Corrective Action Tools (as necessary):
• Process Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (PFMEA)
• Measure System Analysis (MSA)/Gage R&R/Review of Inspection Aids
• Enhanced Work Instructions (EWI)
• Responsible for verifying the effectiveness of corrective and preventive actions and submittal of FAI packages, which will include First Article Inspection Report (FAIR), balloon drawings, and Engineering changes to ensure validation of process capability.
- Technical Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Math, or Science. Equivalent experience when coupled with desired quality science skill will also be considered.
- Experience working with root cause and corrective action methodology (fishbone, 5 why, cause mapping, FMEA, fault tree etc.) utilizing quantitative, qualitative analytical capabilities to communicate in a concise, data driven manner.
- General knowledge of other related disciplines; application of technical principle, theories, and concepts
- Knowledge of F-35 Program
- Demonstrate a knowledge using AS9100/AS9102
- Preferred experience in CMM programing, or equivalent
- Experience leading teams through cross functional projects
- High energy, self-starting, team player who achieves goals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills needed for collaboration, communication, and presentations.
- Demonstrate ability to motivate and energize others
- Experience working in an Operations environment and Manufacturing disciplines
- Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts
- Demonstrate effective problem and conflict resolution skills including experience with root cause, corrective action, and continuous improvement methodologies.
- Green Belt or Black Belt, CQE or CMQOE certification.
- Must be familiar with applied statistics and understand different methods for causal analysis and preventive/mistake proofing actions
- Understand, create and implement Standard Work
- Understand DMAIC and the importance of establishing good controls techniques
- Demonstrated quality science expertise in the QE101 Methods suite.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Need to be able to prioritize opportunities (what to work on) and solutions (which ones are more impactful)
- Conduct/coordinate process and product evaluations and assessments
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Lockheed Martin Profile: