This position would support projects across the company, with the opportunity to work on a variety of building and project types through all phases of design and construction. Interested in working for an fast moving, entrepreneurial firm? Read on!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ownership and implementation of projects from start through completion.
- External face of K2M to client.
- Manages the K2M project team.
- Accurate record keeping and documentation throughout course of work.
- Maintains understanding of project financial issues.
- Schedules meetings, records all meetings, and insures follow-up on decisions made.
- Reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project, and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Confers with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Prepares project reports for management, client, or others.
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Coordinates project activities with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies.
- Overseas and plans all architectural / engineering aspects of projects. Responsible for final specifications, approval for ordered materials, and overall guidance on objectives and concepts.
- Administers construction contracts and conducts periodic on-site observation of work during construction to monitor compliance with plans.
- Manages multiple projects at any one time.
- Minimal drafting work as required on projects in order to meet client expectations.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A) or Master’s degree (M.A.) in Architecture from a NAAB accredited College or University.
- (15) or more years work experience in the field of Architecture.
- Prior Project Management experience.
- ARE (Architectural Registration Exam) registration/license completed and approved by State Board.