DiCon has an immediate opening for a Product Applications Engineer, focused on supporting our optical communications products and customers.
Job Descriptions and Responsibilities
- Interact with customers to understand their requirements & needs, and then make a recommended solution.
- Interact with and support customers and Sales Director with on-going projects.
- Review and create specification documents, generic datasheets, manuals, etc.
- Support customers with any product related issues.
- Work collaboratively with the Sales, Engineering and Production team.
- Attend industry trade shows, visit customers, and travel to testing labs to support qualification testing, as needed. Travel would typically be 5-10%.
Qualifications & Requirements
- BS or MS in Physics, Optical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related discipline.
- Experience or familiarity with fiber optics or photonics is highly preferred.
- Must be able to multi-task, have an excellent attention for detail, and have a good work ethic.
- Must have a good initiative, and be both inquisitive and interested in learning.
- Must be able to work both independently, and as part of a small, expert team.
- Must have good communication skills, with the ability to listen, to articulate in a conversation, and to write well.
DiCon Fiberoptics, Inc. Profile:
DiCon Fiberoptics, Inc. is a well-established photonics technology company based in the San Francisco Bay Area. Over the past three decades, the company has developed many patented technology platforms for the optical communications and solid-state lighting industries. Utilizing these core technology platforms, DiCon develops and manufactures world-class products, and markets these products to commercial, industrial, and end-user customers. The company has strong vertically integrated capabilities, allowing it to respond rapidly to changing customer needs and emerging new market opportunities.