Currently looking for a motivated Electrical Engineer for a great opportunity with an industry leader in developing implantable visual prosthetics in Sylmar, CA. Interested candidates should have 5 to 10 years of relevant experience in in the medical device or pharmaceutical industry to include experience with simulation software and design control.
Responsibilities of the Electrical Engineer
- Design and test portable embedded systems which include image acquisition circuitry, digital signal processing, and communications systems for use with implantable medical devices.
- Specify and design RF systems and circuitry to transfer power and data to implantable medical devices.
- Perform requirements analysis, detailed design, documentation and presentation.
- Develop documentation to transfer design to production.
- Develop test plans/systems to support verification, validation, and production testing.
- Strategic planning of product development incorporating appropriate technologies.
- Responsible for project progress reports and problem analysis.
- Work closely with implant, clinical, regulatory, and manufacturing teams.
- Develop team members both technically and non-technically to improve team’s engineering ability and communication.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations’ policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Requirements of the Electrical Engineer
- MS in electrical engineering or related field from an accredited college or university
- 5 to 10 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with design and simulation software (e.g. SPICE, VHDL or Verilog, Altium)
- Experience in design control
- Experience with verification and validation testing and documentation
- Motivated, highly organized, able to manage multiple tasks at one time
- Strong communication skills and the ability to function in a team environment
- Experience in the medical device industry or pharmaceutical industry is critical
- Experience in another regulated industry may substitute depending on the candidate’s strengths
Benefits for the Sr. Electrical Engineer
- Excellent benefits including stock options and an ability to purchase stock at a discount.
- Company outings, regular town hall meetings and awesome celebrations!
- Work with a team of passionate and talented individuals who are committed to creating solutions that have a life-changing impact on the quality of our customers’ lives.
Job Type: Full-time
- Electrical Engineering: 5 years (Preferred)