Clarus is seeking a Custom Product Engineer to be part of a team focused on the development, design, testing, prototyping, and implementation of both new products and custom product variations. This position will be required to assist in the evaluation of product requests, identify and formulate effective design solutions, and show competence in manufacturing methods, material properties, and CAD modeling in SolidWorks. This position will report to the Product Development Engineering Team and will provide support to the Custom Product Group.
- Assist the Product Development Engineering Team in product related projects that relate to the Custom Product Group
- Interact with Account Managers and Sales Staff to evaluate custom product design requests for feasibility within company product guidelines; Effectively define problems, develop project objectives, and provide feedback
- Provide technical assistance on product performance related questions and applications
- Provide CAD models and drawings, develop performance criteria and tolerances, and provide engineering support
- Design product solutions in SolidWorks, research materials and methods, interact with vendors and manufacturers, and develop technical drawings and specifications
- Provide support to Custom Product Group within the guidelines of the Product Development Engineering Team; Develop a robust understanding of current products, applications, and capabilities
- Prepare BOMs, SOPs, Timelines, and other product documentation as required and maintain working project logs
- 3-5 years design experience in prototyping, new product design, testing, or related engineering field
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, able to manage multiple projects and meet timelines, adaptable to team or individual assignments and able to interact with various personality types
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, and SolidWorks; Experience in MicroStation and/or architectural design is a plus
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering
The leading manufacturer of innovative glass dry erase boards. Our glass whiteboards never stain and can be totally customized.
At Clarus, you’re part of a team, and every player matters, both in the office and elsewhere. Join us: you won’t regret it.