The Sr. Product Design Engineer will be part of a team focused on the development, design, testing, prototyping, and implementation of new products and product variations. This position will be required to assist in the evaluation of new product requirements, identify and formulate effective design solutions, research materials, applications, and specifications, define product tolerances and testing parameters, and show competence in manufacturing methods, material properties, and CAD modeling in Solidworks. This position will report to the Vice President of Product and will be part of the Product Development Engineering Team.
- Evaluate design requirements of new products. Effectively define problems, develop project objectives, and provide engineering support and expertise to the Product Development Group.
- Model design solutions in SolidWorks, research materials and methods, interact with vendors and manufacturers, and develop technical drawings and specifications.
- Assist in the development of testing parameters. Define product tolerances and assist in preparing samples and work with product testing groups to achieve applicable and documented results.
- Prepare BOMs, SOPs, Timelines, and other product documentation as required. Maintain working project logs and design revision histories.
- Research materials, specifications, applications, and manufacturing capabilities.
- Develop a robust understanding of current products, applications, and capabilities.
- 5-10 years design experience in prototyping, new product design, testing, or related engineering field.
- High levels of proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, and SolidWorks required.
- Familiarity with some or all of the following - CNC capabilities, Common prototyping methods and design needs, metal/thermoplastic extrusion, injection molding, 3D Printing, glass fabrication, sheet metal bending/welding, and product manufacturing environments.
- Experience in MicroStation and/or architectural design is a plus.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, able to manage multiple projects and meet timelines, adaptable to team or individual assignments and able to interact with various personality types.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering field.
The leading manufacturer of innovative glass dry erase boards. Our glass whiteboards never stain and can be totally customized.
At Clarus, you’re part of a team, and every player matters, both in the office and elsewhere. Join us: you won’t regret it.