Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Technician
Responsibilities and tasks outlined in this document are not exhaustive and may change as determined by the needs of the Authority.
- Assists GIS Supervisor in various office and mobile software system maintenance and upgrades in maintaining electronic files and the Facilities Management Systems.
- Assists in providing line location information and gathers field data on the utility’s water, wastewater, and reclaimed facilities.
- Assists in creating maps and updating maps to support informational reference for planning and maintenance functions of the Authority.
Required knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Ability to make decisions, ability to work on his/her own.
- Knowledge of functions and use of office equipment including PC, PC programs, two-way radio, copier/scanner machine and calculator.
- Capable of reading and interpreting Engineering Drawings.
- Basic knowledge of underground pipeline construction principles and procedures.
- Knowledge of various office software systems.
- Knowledge of CAD, web service, site maintenance and computer software experience in electronic filing are preferred.
- Knowledge and ability to read legal descriptions, property maps, and survey maps.
- Ability to perform technical work independently; excellent oral and written skills; analyze facts and situations critically and objectively and to arrive at sound conclusions. Knowledge of business English, spelling and punctuation.
- Ability to make decisions in accordance with departmental rules, regulations and policy.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and the public.
- Ability to use ESRI mapping software.
- Understanding of reference points used such as lat/long, N/E, Elevation references.
- Valid Florida Driver’s License.
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in related field or a combination of a 2 year associates degree and equivalent experience and training.
- Demonstrated skills in basic mathematics, including algebra and geometry.
- Capability of reading and interpreting tables of printed numerical and text material.
- Any equivalent combination of education, experience and training may be considered.
Salary range (PG 55): $40,934.40 to $67,932.80 annually.
Closing date is: Until Filled
Excellent benefits to include employer paid health, dental, life, short & long term disability and retirement.
To obtain a job application, Click Here>> https://www.sua.com/EmploymentApplication.pdf
Please submit your application to:
Seacoast Utility Authority
Human Resources Department
4200 Hood Rd
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
Seacoast Utility Authority Profile:
We are a not-for-profit governmental regional water, wastewater and reclaimed water utility that furnishes potable water service to approximately 47,000 households and 2,700 commercial establishments. Wastewater collection, treatment and disposal services are provided to approximately 44,000 residential dwellings and 1,700 businesses. The Authority's service area covers approximately 65 square miles. The Authority has no taxing powers and does not receive any tax revenues from the state, county or city governments.
Eligible employees receive an annual performance evaluation, group health, life and dental insurance, Pension Plan, 457 Deferred Compensation Plan and the Employee Assistance Program (EAP), tuition reimbursement, as well as a variety of supplemental insurance plans, including cancer and critical care. Additional tax-saving benefits available to eligible employees include Medical and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts.