GeoDecisions is currently seeking applicants interested in joining the team as a Business Analyst to work in our Raleigh, NC office or onsite with our clients in the Raleigh area. The selected candidate will join a team servicing the North Carolina Department of Transportation or other North Carolina based agencies.
We are seeking a motivated individual with excellent communication skills that demonstrates experience with documenting complex business processes, eliciting business requirements, business process modeling, use case development, and supporting the design of workflows and operations.
- Participate in requirements elicitation with client to define needs
- Document As-Is environment and business workflows
- Business process modeling
- Support the compilation of To-Be environment and business workflows
- Participate in agile and waterfall software development lifecycles
- Author requirements, design, and training documentation
- Support training materials and support training class delivery based on varying client needs
- Work in multi-disciplinary project teams made up of software developers, business analysts, GIS analysts, technical managers, and business subject matter experts
- Participate in project team meetings with client mgmt. and other contractors
- Document meeting minutes, draft business needs assessments, and perform gap analysis
- Resolve problems within working teams and with clients
- Develop and execute test cases to confirm system requirements
- Work with developers to clarify requirements throughout application development
- Must thrive in a high energy environment, excel at working without significant supervision, be independently motivated, outgoing, diplomatic, detailed and schedule driven and accountable.
- BS in Computer Science, Geography, GIS, Engineering, Math, Management Information Systems or related field required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in business operations and workflow analysis, training, client relations, public speaking, proven technical writing and project life cycle documentation
- Excellent verbal communication and organizational skills
- Excellent written communication
- Experience with MS Office Suite, including MS Project and MS Visio is required
Preferred Technical Skills
- Experience with BPMN 2.0 and UML
- Familiarity with GIS or geospatial technology
- Experience with wireframing
- Familiarity with civil engineering and/or transportation industry
- Familiarity with environmental impact documentation
- Prior experience working with state government clients
- Experience working with executive level steering teams