Sr. Application Engineer- Fremont, CA, Mentor
As an Applications Engineer at Mentor, your primary responsibility is to secure technical design wins for Mentor's product and service offerings. Specifically, you will be responsible for PCB Layout technical wins with the industry leading Xpedition Design Flow.
You will be working side-by-side with customers right in the Bay Area who are designing innovative, cutting edge products using state-of-art emerging technologies! If PCB design is your strength, then we want you for our Team. If you are a PCB Designer interested in exploring a career supporting others that design, we encourage you to submit your resume.
Activities will include delivering technical presentations, conducting product demonstrations and benchmarks, as well as participating in development of account sales strategies leading to market share gains for Mentor.
Your primary territory coverage will consist of Key Accounts located in the Silicon Valley but can also include the Western United States (Northern California, Washington, Utah with additional opportunities in Arizona and Southern California).
- PCB design competency is required.
- Must be open to relocating to the Bay Area and working from our Fremont, CA office.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computing Engineering is required.
- A minimum of 5 years hands-on experience with Printed Circuit Board Design, drafting and design technology, engineering technology or similar field. This experience must be full-time work experience (Not experience that was gained doing school/university projects).
- Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
- Moderate domestic travel is required.
- IPC certification (C.I.D or C.I.D.+) is a plus.
- Prior experience in delivering design services is a plus (i.e. PCB design service bureau).
- Experience with PCB library management is a plus.
- Familiarity with Mentor’s Xpedition Design Flow is a plus.
- Scripting/Programming: VBScript, VB.net, TCL, C#, or similar languages is a plus.
- Prior experience with Zuken CR-5000/8000 or Cadence OrCAD/Allegro is a plus.
- Prior experience as an Applications Engineer is a plus.
- Knowledge of systems engineering concepts such as the “System-V”, systems architecture and design, and key system lifecycle stages (e.g., requirements, design, integration & test, production, operations & maintenance, disposal) is a plus.
In addition, the successful candidate needs to:
- Possess a passion to learn and perform at the cutting edge of technology.
- Have a desire to broaden exposure to the business aspects of the technical design world.
- Enjoy contributing to the success of a great team.
- Effectively influence people at any organizational level.
- Possess a demonstrated ability to build strong rapport and credibility with customer organizations while maintaining an internal network of contacts.
Please apply online at: https://jobs.siemens-info.com/disw/jobs?page=1&keywords=199735