IDAHO TRANSPORTATION DEPARTMENT
Our Mission: Your Safety, Your Mobility, Your Economic Opportunity
If you would like to join the award-winning, dynamic team of professionals dedicated to the mission of Idaho Transportation Department (ITD), this may be the perfect career opportunity of you!
ITD currently has an opening for a Geographic Information System Analyst II. This position will administer ITD's annual Local Road Inventory program to support the many local road agencies in Idaho. The incumbent will serve as a subject matter expert in GIS, serving to support ITD personnel and external customers as well as filling technical roles on GIS/LRS projects.
Note: Minimal travel may be required throughout Idaho.
Example of Duties
- Edit data, conduct analysis and create digital and paper information products using GIS and Linear Referencing System (LRS), with responsibility for over 30,000 miles of local road data;
- Participate as a GIS SME on IT projects;
- Coordinate with state, federal and local entities to accomplish specific project or program goals;
- Perform GIS data editing and management tasks, conduct spatial analysis, create GIS data products;
- Solve complex technical GIS problems;
- Research and design new or revised methodologies;
- Perform digital GIS and LRS mapping and database functions;
- Develop, modify, and maintain computer programs;
- Train users in computer systems use, spatial analysis, workflows and related technologies;
- Provide guidance to users to maximize productivity and equipment use;
- Convert information from maps, photographs, tables and spreadsheets into computer-compatible format;
- Apply sampling procedures to assess map or data base accuracy;
- May perform GIS system administration.
Good knowledge of GIS principles; cartographic principles; web and mobile GIS principles; conducting GIS analysis.
Experience operating, applying, and programming GIS software products in a work environment.
- Expert in LRS principles and mastery of Esri LRS software;
- Experience planning, designing and implementing GIS projects and preparing reports of findings;
- Operating, applying and programming ESRI software products in a work environment. Knowledge of project management principles.
State of Idaho Profile:
Hiring is done without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements, please contact the Division of Human Resources at (208) 334-2263.