VHB’s Wethersfield, CT office is seeking a GIS Project Manager to join our growing Applied Technologies Team.
Our passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, designers and technologists who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
- Function as a senior GIS project manager and manage the technical aspects of the projects we have won.
- Work with other project managers and/or technical staff on developing appropriate scopes of work, contract terms and conditions, labor and expense budgets and schedules.
- Conduct Requirements Analysis workshops and meetings with clients and effectively document the project/solution requirements.
- Participate and/or lead Conceptual Design workshops with both clients and other VHB technical staff, and facilitate discussions to arrive at the most appropriate technical solutions.
- Work with other team members on strategies for delivery, and oversee the execution of the project through to success.
- Take a leadership role with building the externally focused technology practice, target potential customers, and close new service engagements.
- Develop, manage, and maintain excellent relationships with existing and prospective target clients.
- Leverage existing business relationships with key vendors, business partners, and agencies into new clients, partners, and projects for VHB.
- Actively participate in external industry organizations.
- Execute technical aspects of projects VHB has won employing current and future technology and skills.
- Act as a mentor to junior staff providing project management expertise, technical guidance and direction with respect to assuring the successful delivery of the projects we work on.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to think critically
- Extensive experience in project management, requirements analysis, Business Process Mapping/Engineering, conceptual system design
- Significant experience in GIS technology, specifically the Esri ArcGIS platform (ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Online, etc.)
- Experience in managing a software development team on a project
- Knowledge of RDBM Systems and other Microsoft Technologies.
- Interest in learning new technologies
- Motivated to lead and mentor others
- Familiarity with the Agile/SCRUM methodology.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in a GIS Project Manager role leading/managing GIS and/or custom application development projects
- Experience successfully managing multiple people and/or subcontractors to accomplish projects
- Track record of successful Esri-based GIS technology implementations
Additional Experience Desired:
- Experience in the Transportation and/or transportation safety areas
- Experience in Cultural Resources/Historic Preservation practices
Please apply directly online at: https://careers-vhb.icims.com/jobs/1082/gis-project-manager/job
At VHB, we’re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We’re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for over 40 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact, and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
We are VHB. We’re passionate about making meaningful contributions to the world through the work that we do. We’re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for more than 40 years.
We’re a team—1,600 strong—eager to deliver value by embracing our clients’ goals, anticipating challenges, building lasting partnerships, and always providing a smooth ride.
Our passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments. Together, we improve mobility, enhance communities, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.