We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do…
- Designs manufacturing processes within schedule and budgetary parameters.
- Implement and evaluate proposed designs and processes for manufacturing
- Trouble shoot process related issues and fine tune process to eliminate process-induced defects
- Initiate, lead and drive activities pertaining to cycle time and process improvements
- Implement statistical process analysis on new and existing products
- Review processing methods and provide continuous development of manufacturing techniques that will improve in-house capabilities
- Interfaces with customer engineering team on new product introduction and sustaining product process improvements.
- Develop and maintain process documentation up-to-date and in accordance with customer ECO's
- Review material rejects to develop process improvements that eliminate scrap
- Interface with production of all activities associated with new/change process implementation
- Assist in the development of training and provide training to production personnel during new technology transfer
- Bill of Material scrubbing, defining sub-assembly to be made in house or subcontracting.
- Analyzes and plans workforce utilization, space and tools requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and work space for maximum efficiency and in accordance with Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Confers with production group concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods
- Coordinates with customers to determine product specifications and design changes and responds to their request
- Works with customer to recommend best assembly method, material and tooling.
- Estimates and analyzes production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes
Here is some of what you'll need (required)…
- Minimum B.S. Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or related field
- Minimum 3-5 years' specific hands-on manufacturing process experience
- Must also have expertise in optical performance specification and analysis techniques
Here are a few examples of what you'll get for the great work you provide…
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
Job Category Operations
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
A place where people push the limits—and work together globally
Flex Ltd. is an American multinational technological manufacturer. It is the third largest global electronics manufacturing services, original design manufacturer company by revenue, behind only Taiwan's Pegatron to original equipment manufacturers.