We are hiring a Geodesign Manager to propel the firm’s leadership in planning and design with the next generation of GIS tools by orchestrating and implementing a holistic organizational strategy for all the necessary components of a modern Geographic Information System- data management, software, hardware, people, and workflows. This person will administer Design Workshop's ArcGIS platform (ArcGIS Online, apps (web and mobile), portal, infrastructure, external systems) in all offices, including the transition to ArcGIS Pro and lead the firm's GIS Community of Practice. This position is available in any Design Workshop office.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in developing and managing an Enterprise GIS system, preferably in an AEC setting, including using editing tools, performing spatial analysis and creating geodatabases
- Experience using current GIS technology and leveraging the full ArcGIS enterprise suite of tools to implement Geodesign patterns of use
- Experience in staff supervision and training
- Experience in advanced programming techniques such as: Python, Model Builder, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Server, R, SQL databases and queries
- Experience with geodatabases and underlying DBMS technology (SQL Server or Oracle)
- Knowledge of cloud computing concepts and environments (Microsoft Azure or AWS)
- Experience with the Adobe Suite, AutoCAD/Civil3D, 3D modeling programs such as Rhino
- Experience interpreting, understanding, and implementing system architecture requirements for various ArcGIS components
- Remarkable presentation, interpersonal, and listening skills
- Working knowledge of the ESRI licensing model and capabilities optimization
- Experience in technical consulting and conceptual solution design as well as an understanding of sales and business development processes
- Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in GIS, Landscape Architecture, Computer Science, Urban Planning, Earth Sciences, Cartography or a closely related field Certifications:GIS certification such as GISP or ESRI Technical Certification is preferred.
Certifications: GIS certification such as GISP or ESRI Technical Certification is preferred
- Administer Design Workshop's ArcGIS platform (ArcGIS Online, apps (web and mobile), portal, infrastructure, external systems) in all offices, including the current transition to ArcGIS Pro
- Lead the firm's GIS Community of Practice by holding regular meetings amongst GIS-trained staff, conducting training workshops and recommending training and learning resources for staff development, organizing and crafting firm-wide resources for inclusion on the company's internal website, and helping troubleshoot issues
- Manage staff requests related to GIS and promote company-wide enablement
- Participate on billable projects
- Coordinate and interface with the IT department to provide guidance on software updates and new software purchases, including management of system upgrades and necessary technical requirements to support such upgrades
- Provide strategies for maximizing and simplifying the firm's GIS workflow and best practices for a wide variety of project types and through the various phases of the design and planning processes
- Develop business development strategies that anticipate our clients' future needs regarding GIS in planning and design, where geospatial services and capabilities will prove a key differentiator
- Keep the firm's leadership and staff up-to-date on current GIS technologies
- Manage the integration of GIS on design and planning projects
- Create and oversee GIS annual budgets in coordination with the Board and IT Director
- Regularly liaise with ESRI account manager
- Publish internal and external resources, present at conferences and symposia
- Participate in life-long learning activities, including attending the annual ESRI user conference and report back to the GIS Community of Practice
- Mange GIS data and data resources
In an effort to continue to be sensitive to the environment and to limit the use of precious resources, we request that applicants apply through our online employment application. A complete application includes a cover letter, resume and portfolio. Please note all components must be in one document under 10 megs in size. The deadline to apply is 11:59pm MST October 4th, 2020.Design Workshop is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Design Workshop Profile:
Design Workshop Inc. is an internationally recognized firm focused on landscape architecture, urban design, community and regional planning, market analysis and strategic services. We believe that when environment, economics, art and community are combined in harmony with the dictates of the land and needs of society, magical places result- sustainable places of timeless beauty, significant value and enduring quality. Through a closely collaborative process at all levels, Design Workshop is dedicated to creating legacy projects for our clients, for society and for the well-being of our planet.
Our pioneering efforts have been recognized with more than 260 awards from such organizations as the American Society of Landscape Architects, the American Planning Association and the Urban Land Institute.