- Create concept designs that can be turned into product specifications and collaborate as appropriate so that it can be manufactured and fabricated. This includes collaborating with customer service to get customer feedback, engineering team, operations team, sourcing team and CAD designers.
- Draft and maintain proper engineering documentation control and other necessary product documentation that governs the water treatment systems businesses
- Draft and communicate product functionality and capability by providing technical product information sheets to the sales force and customer service. Acts as technical liaison to the sales team
- Prepare and communicate technical designs to customer service in support of the quotation process as necessary. This includes: technical research, project drawings, itemized quotations for larger and/or complex project requirements, especially for complex water treatment systems
- Act as a mentor and “go to” for CAD Designers, Technical Service Reps, and Applications Engineers.
- Provide engineering and sales support for the entire life cycle of products in Watts Water Quality mix of standard and application specific products
- Assist with the detailed preparation of quotations for project needs where this is required to achieve the sale of the product mix involved
- Ensure that the product’s performance meets customer requirements and specifications as well as applicable federal, state and municipal codes
- Create and maintain design and production documentation including specifications, bills of materials, models and drawings, and installation instructions
- Create and maintain engineering processes and procedures related to documentation control
- Provide support for the implementation of systems and their commissioning
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- 6+ years of Application Engineering experience in a water treatment systems environment. Background in construction projects is preferred.
- Strong ability to understand and interpret engineering drawings
- Working knowledge of creating Process Flow Diagrams and Engineering Drawings
- Solid working knowledge of 2D and 3D CADD Systems
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong knowledge of mechanical and process areas of engineering
- Working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the water treatment industry
- Knowledge of industry, federal, state and municipal codes
- Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills and demonstrated experience communicating technical information
- Demonstrated ability to analyze customer needs and accurately translate to drawings and quotes
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Able to meet aggressive deadlines and ability to prioritize and multitask with changing priorities
- Proven ability to establish and maintain accurate and timely documentation
- Must be self-disciplined, highly productive and work effectively in a small team
- High level of professionalism in all internal and external correspondence and interactions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, talk, and/or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work in office environment
- May occasionally be required to perform job duties outside the typical office setting.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Travel Required: up to 10%
*As required by the Americans Disabilities Act (ADA)
EMPLOYEE CORE COMPETENCIES:
1. Collaborate Across Workgroup
2. Initiate Positive Change
3. Deliver High Quality Results
4. Focus on the Customer
5. Develops Self & Others
Watts Water Technologies Profile:
Watts Water family of companies designs, manufactures and commercializes high-quality, innovative products and solutions that promote the comfort and safety of people and the quality, conservation and control of water used in commercial, residential, industrial and municipal applications.
A $1.4 billion global company, listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) with presence in 3 regions and 17 countries.
Our extensive portfolio of products and leading brands range from highly technical to fast moving shelf goods and allows us to be present in the following categories: Plumbing & Flow Control, Water Quality & Conditioning, Drainage & Water Reuse, HVAC, and Municipal Waterworks. We strive to be the best long-term partner for installers, specifiers, distributors and OEM customers.
Plumbing, HVAC, Water Quality, and Gas