GlobalFoundries seeks an experienced Sr. Staff Engineer, Field Engineering. You will have responsibility for providing on-going support to GlobalFoundries customers. Provide direction, guidance and training to employees within the department according to policies and management guidance.
- Take ownership over GLOBALFOUNDRIES technology demonstration and drive design win acquisition strategy and process
- Serve as single technical interface to customer and coordinate all technical sales interaction
- Develop customized technical presentations and proposals to assist customers in the evaluation of our solutions
- Offer most credible representation of strengths and weaknesses of the GLOBALFOUNDRIES technology (internally & externally)
- Formulate customer requirements and promote a compelling GLOBALFOUNDRIES design solution and convey our value proposition
- Identify and propose solutions to gaps and bottlenecks in the GLOBALFOUNDRIES product and service portfolio to meet customer requirements
- Collaborate and leverage GLOBALFOUNDRIES product marketing/design solutions/technology development teams, and provide real time customer feedback
- Understand competitive design/technology/product landscape including emerging technology trends and competitive threats
- Continuously learn about the customer and product, developing relationships, gathering intelligence, uncovering new opportunities
- Ensure that issues/obstacles/questions to a design win are resolved either directly or by engaging internal experts
- Gather, summarize and drive team to close the technical gaps in our offerings that result in design win losses and/or misses in new revenue opportunities
- Partner with account and sales managers, working to ensure a smooth post-design win transition to Customer Engineering teams
- Meet design win, tape out, and MPW goals
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics/Electrical Engineering or Related Discipline
- Minimum 8 years of Experience in Semiconductor IC Design/ System design/ Semiconductor IC or System Test
- Travel Requirements: 30% of Travel
- Language Fluency: English (Written & Verbal)
- Master’s Degree and or PhD in Electronics/Electrical Engineering
- Experience in supporting AI Accelerator products, any High Performance Computing (CPU, GPU, FPGA, ASIC) work and Complex interface IP experience is a plus and will greatly help with the job function.
- Must be able to travel to visit customers and GF Fabs in USA, Europe and Asia
- Strong Communication, Organization, Presentation, Inter-personal and Influencing Skills
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
Procedure: All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.