Generally have 0-2 years of industry experience in a planning or design office.
This is an entry-level position for new or recent graduates who have little, limited, or no work experience in the landscape and urban design profession. There are several opportunities you will be able to explore at this level. You will be able to work on a variety of project types in a variety of entry-level roles, often working directly with principals, senior designers, and project managers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works under the guidance of a Landscape Designer (IV-VIII) and/or principal to:
- Create and modify design concepts, plans, diagrams, renderings, maps, drawings, reports, and presentations as directed by others.
- Visually communicate project content, including the graphic production of plans, diagrams, renderings, maps, and the graphic representation of data, design concepts, and processes.
- Contributes to project content and creative direction in collaboration with the design team.
- Assists with preparation public/client meetings; participates in workshops / charrettes, and project team meetings.
- Assist with preparation of construction documents and specifications with supervision of landscape architect.
- Checks own work prior to review by others.
- Coordinates specific tasks or deliverables with sub consultants with supervision.
- Assists Landscape Designer (IV-VIII) / project manager to develop design/planning alternatives.
- Can work on several projects or issues simultaneously.
- Works independently or in a team environment as needed.
- Attends to details while keeping big-picture goals in mind.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Requires a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture.
- Generally have 0 - 2 years of industry experience in a planning or design office.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, and MS Office Suite required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of Revit, Lumion, and Rhino preferred.
- Understanding of California native plant material and planting design preferred.
- Knowledge of construction documentation process and drawings preferred.
- Awareness and understanding of Landscape Architecture and site design principles.
- General knowledge of urban planning / urban design best practices.
- Ability to communicate through verbal, written and graphic communication formats.
- Hand sketching skills preferred.