The GIS Manager supervises GIS staff and serves as the principle technical lead for overall hardware and software architecture, user management, licensing, geometric networks, analysis, workflows and program environments related to geographic information systems and asset systems. This position is responsible for the interoperability and automation of various enterprise/departmental systems within the Technical Support Group's supported programs. Primary specific duties include:
Infrastructure & Staff Management
- Responsible for TSG infrastructure; including hardware specifications and software management, user management, licensing, geometric networks, workflows, and all production environments
- Supervise GIS staff members. Delegate projects and assignments to staff and oversee training and professional development
- Drive enterprise integration planning; lifecycle project planning and management; create, maintain, and track project plans and schedules ensuring strategic initiatives are met and aligned
- Work as part of an integrated enterprise service department to ensure the scalability and sustainability of solutions
Project Management and Coordination
- Perform operational metrics analyses, including business and operations analytics, reporting, and forecasting in conjunction with performance management plans
- Assist in the development, deployment, and maintenance of strategic and business plans, governance models, and budgeting and resource management
- Foster coordination and collaborate with stakeholders ensuring integrated and sustainable solutions, as well as project consensus
Data Management and Analytics
- Supports team in advanced geospatial and asset management analytics
- Lead geospatial and asset management programs
Minimum qualifications include: Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor's degree in GIS, geography, or closely related discipline. Graduate degree or graduate hours is an asset. GISP certification is an asset. Must have at least ten (10) years of related GIS and/or asset management, operational management, or technical experience.
Annual entry salary: Up to $74,500 DOQ
Click here for position description.
Welcome to Topeka Video
The City of Topeka offers a comprehensive benefits package, including
- Health/Dental Insurance
- Kansas Public Employee Retirement System which totals over 315,000 active, inactive and retired members and manages approximately $20 billion in assets for KPERS members' benefits.
- Generous paid vacation leave and separate paid sick leave, and one additional paid personal leave day each year.
- Paid Life/Long Term Disability Insurance
- (457) Deferred Comp Savings Plan
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Free Onsite Health & Wellness Clinic
- Free in-house Wellness Center, a full service fitness facility
- Free Parking
- Employee Assistance Program.
The City of Topeka is an Equal Opportunity Employer.