If you are a top sales performer with a love for technology and a consultative selling process, this position is a dream career. Working as part of the sales team in conjunction with our solutions consulting team, this is your chance to do strategic work with our clients and gain valuable experience as you sell cutting edge software and deliver to our clients the full spectrum of benefits from Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Virtual Design and Construction (VD&C) technology and consulting services. Take this opportunity to join a smart, driven, growth-oriented company where you will constantly be on the forefront of today’s latest design and technology trends!
Our customers love us and you will be the anchor of our relationship with them. Owning a geographic region, you will be the consistent point of contact the customer can rely on. We operate in a rapidly evolving industry, and Microdesk is a fast-paced, upbeat environment. If you are passionate about sales, fanatical about details, a relentless problem solver with excellent written and phone communication skills, we should connect now.
What Kind of Candidate are we looking for?
Candidates experienced in software technology sales (and/or services) with a strong knowledge of the construction industry.
The 'Strategic Sales Executive' should be comfortable meeting with individuals at all levels within the clients’ business, from executives to end users, in order to understand business issues and discuss solutions while evaluating areas of opportunity for expanded implementation to create sales.
- Develop and implement strategic goals and tactical planning for assigned sales territory
- Strategically develop new customers
- Maintain, develop, and become a business partner of the key personnel in all customer and prospective accounts
- Develop strong working knowledge of client business processes and common challenges, and how Microdesk products and services can address our clients’ business needs
- Meet and exceed sales volume and gross margin quota expectations
- Oversee all sales activities within defined region
- Assist with development and coordination of marketing initiatives within region
- Track and report weekly on all sales activity within region using CRM and other reporting tools
- Take complete advantage of internal training, research and outside education resources to maintain and continually enhance your knowledge of the industry and the utilization of CRM and other resource management tools
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering preferred,
- Minimum 6 years of sales experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in AEC or focus software technology industry
- Experience selling BIM/CAD, GIS, Construction Management Project management software is a plus
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and computer skills
- Demonstrated history of sales success and sales management
- Candidate must be willing to travel within sales territory as needed
- Experience with Procore and/or other BIM/CAD, GIS, and FM software
- Driver’s License and access to a vehicle required based on travel requirements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills,
- Excellent organizational and time management skills,
- Prior experience in a sales leadership role,
- Skilled in leveraging CRM, lead management and other technical resources,
- Superior presentation skills, business process analysis and listening skills,
- Proficiency in client requirements gathering and technical discovery,
- Strong teamwork / relationship management skills,
- Ability to work within dynamic sales environment,
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required.
We offer a fast paced, dynamic environment where learning and growing technically becomes part of your career. Microdesk is dedicated to fostering the professional growth and development of our employees. Microdesk offers highly competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including Aetna Medical with company funded HRA or HSA, Ameritas Dental, EyeMed Vision, Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts and Commuter Spending Account options, company paid Life, STD and LTD insurances, 401K and Profit Sharing Plan with 35% match and generous paid time off and sick time policies.
Microdesk is a global AECO industry consulting firm dedicated to assisting design, construction, and operations teams with improving workflows and integrating project delivery technologies. Microdesk specializes in implementing Building Information Modeling (BIM), Virtual Design and Construction (VD&C) and Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) to keep pace with the demands of Urbanization and the need for Sustainability. Using software from industry leaders such as Autodesk and IBM, combined with our vision and passion for sustainably meeting the demands of urbanization, our team of industry experts is redefining project delivery and asset management.
Microdesk’s clients represent some of the nation’s largest and most respected organizations and public agencies, including the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, Denver Airport, Stanford University, Raytheon, Suffolk Construction, Turner Construction, Transystems, HOK, Robert A.M. Stern and Columbia University.