The Plant Industrial / Manufacturing Engineer will provide technical expertise in plant layout and lean flow, standard
labor analysis (direct and indirect), material planning and internal logistics, and lean manufacturing.
1. Current plant layout ownership – ensure accuracy / alignment with Floor Space Planning Tool (FSPT)
2. Alignment of plant layout drawing with AutoCAD® standards
3. Lean flow proposals / improvements to overall facility flow
4. New business (Phase 2-5) layout support – defining where new business fits in the plant
5. Warehouse requirements planning utilizing Plan for Every Part (PFEP) Matrix
6. Indirect labor planning for plant utilizing Flow Planner® software
7. Support Materials & SCM groups with line side racking decisions, supermarket flow, kitting, and part delivery methods
8. Adherence to guidelines and standards for internal logistics / material flow
9. Value Stream Mapping – current and future state with plan for gap closure
10. Kaizen support – CI project collaboration
11. Kaizen leadership for lean flow / density / floor space utilization improvements
12. Direct labor time studies / MODAPTS® / line balancing
13. New program direct labor planning, including reviews of “Process Book” with AME
14. Indirect labor time studies / work sampling / work balancing
15. New program indirect labor planning, including use of Flow Planner® software
16. Maintenance of a central database of all MODAPTS® / time studies for the plant
17. Support plant key improvement initiatives and IE functional projects as required
Education Minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Engineering - Industrial Engineering preferred
· Minimum of 3 years of industry experience – automotive interiors experience desired
Yanfeng Automotive Interiors -YFAI Profile:
Yanfeng Automotive Interiors (YFAI) is the global leader in automotive interiors. Yanfeng Automotive Interiors is redefining how people relax, work and play inside their vehicle interiors – today and decades from now.
Headquartered in Shanghai, the company has approximately 110 manufacturing plants and technical centers in 20 countries and more than 33,000 employees globally. They design, develop and manufacture automotive interior components for all automakers.
Established in 2015, Yanfeng Automotive Interiors is a joint venture between Yanfeng, one of the largest automotive suppliers in China and Adient, the global leader in automotive seating.