The Core Vertical Marketing team is seeking an experienced System Architect to drive the technical strategy and success in the test and measurement market. This individual will engage with customers at the system architecture level to implement Xilinx optimized solutions. Additionally, they will be responsible for the Xilinx product definition and application platform strategy to ensure broad, successful adoption in the test and measurement market. Responsibilities include: development of system level technical proposals, IP and development platform definitions, FPGA product definitions, and industry representation.
• Support development of the strategic plans for the business:
○ Test & measurement platform strategy & roadmap
○ Test & measurement IP and solutions
○ Ecosystem partner strategy & roadmap
• Drive the creation and execution of high value products:
○ Drive system-level product definition sessions with key architects at target customers.
○ Drive feasibility assessments and recommend/review/approve product definitions
• Drive unique and compelling value into the test and measurement roadmaps and product definitions for silicon and IP
• Support the execution of Business Development strategies for the test and measurement market:
○ Contribute to Sales account penetration plans.
○ Define prioritized Design Win targets.
○ Provide systems architecture and solutions support for sales efforts.
○ Lead technical response (architectural proposal) to RFQs and RFPs.
○ Support system-level design-in applications collateral - articles, demos, technical keynotes, panel presentations, and trade show support.
• Demonstrated technical output:
○ Patents and trade secrets (as appropriate)
○ Participation in industry conferences, workshops, panels, standards committees, etc.
○ Journal articles, applications notes, and white papers
We have a strong preference for this individual to be located at Xilinx's headquarters in San Jose, CA but we are open to this individual working remotely from any US location.
• Strong organizational, interpersonal and project management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with an ability to turn complex ideas into stories easily understood by a broad audience.
• Demonstrated ability to solve complex system-level problems
• Demonstrated ability to take on new and challenging tasks
• Able to work in a small, fast paced, team environment with the desire to effect change within a large organization.
• Continuously strives to exceed expectations in the pursuit of results that maximize value
• Skilled at influencing across organizational boundaries, working as part of cross-functional teams, and demonstrating an ability to achieve results through collaboration with teams
• BSEE Required; MSEE preferred
• 10+ years of direct experience
• Experience in architecting Network Test Equipment systems, practical background with other test equipment systems is a plus
• Experience in designing systems using FPGAs
• Practical experience in developing technical proposals
• Background in:
○ Logic fundamentals and FPGA design (VHDL/Verilog)
○ Simulation (MTI, VCS, NC-Verilog) and verification techniques
Xilinx is the world’s leading provider of All Programmable FPGAs, SoCs and 3D ICs. These industry-leading devices are coupled with a next-generation design environment and IP to serve a broad range of customer needs, from programmable logic to programmable systems integration
At Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. ARE YOU bold, collaborative, and creative? We develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible.
Our culture of innovation began with the invention of the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), and with the 2018 introduction of our Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP), has made a quantum leap in capability, solidifying our role as the adaptable platform supplier of choice. From the beginning, we have always believed in providing inventors with products and platforms that are infinitely adaptable. From self-driving cars, to world-record genome processing, to AI and big data, to the world's first 5G networks, we empower the world's builders and visionaries whose ideas solve every day problems and improve people's lives.
If you are PASSIONATE, ADAPTABLE, and INNOVATIVE, Xilinx is the right place for you! At Xilinx, we care deeply about creating significant development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and connection. We champion an environment of empowered learning, wellness, community engagement, and recognition, so you can focus on work that matters - world class technology that improves the way we live and work. We are ONEXILINX.