The GIS Developer will be part of a Geospatial Development team using Esri’s ArcGIS suite of products that provide business solutions through interactive mapping applications, both desktop and web based. The ideal candidate will be passionate about GIS and Application development and have a desire to work in a fast-paced environment where skill sets will be utilized daily.
The candidate will geoprocessing data, develop scripts, and applications to help provide the best solution for our internal and external customers. Responsibilities will include developing, testing, debugging and maintaining an array of web-based GIS applications, tools and supporting web services. Participating in requirement gathering meetings with service line business groups, working with team members and GIS manager to build and enhance GIS solutions, systems and programs, performing code reviews, and working to support products and GIS applications as needed.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the following:
- Building software in a collaborative Agile environment
- Produce quality GIS deliverables
- Ability to develop code when needed to support geoprocessing tasks
- Experience with ESRI ArcGIS and knowledge of geospatial concepts
- Application documentation including system design and technical specifications
- Knowledge of Safe Software FME
- Use creativity and analytical problem solving to build technical GIS solutions
- Skilled in gathering and analyzing information and making recommendations based on findings and in support of organizational goals
- Design, test, deploy and maintain GIS applications
- Provide technical guidance and thoughts to leadership and to the team
- Using the appropriate tools to monitor code and geoprocessing routine performance in order to reduce defects
- Experience developing Geocoding and Geoprocessing routines
- Ability to articulate rationale behind technical decisions
- Experience working with SDE Geodatabases
- Provides assistance and technical guidance to other GIS practitioners across the department
- Skilled in ESRI’s ArcGIS suite of products including ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Apps
- Mobile solution development
- Provides technical support and assistance to City staff; analyzes GIS problems and implements solutions according to standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Skilled in customer service to departments in using GIS to address business issues.