seeking a dedicated and energetic architectural BIM Coordinator to provide leadership and support for the firm’s projects around the world. Candidates require a demonstrated background of experience in this specialization, expertise within the relevant subjects, and a capacity for a broad level of responsibility. We are seeking qualified candidates intending to pursue a devoted focus in the continuing influence of technology in our industry.
Within our highly collaborative environment, you will work with senior staff on a wide range of large and impactful urban projects, and engage as a mentor and technical guide to all project teams. You will work cooperatively with our New York office’s BIM Manager to coordinate firm-wide BIM efforts, focusing on execution within our San Francisco office.
Please be advised that this will be a full-time, in-person position in San Francisco, CA, with the possibility of a remote start.
- Maintain, document, and advance the current BIM processes, content and standards supporting our daily practice,
- Ensure teams are trained to meet office BIM standards and client requirements over the lifespan of projects. Provide BIM fundamental & intermediate-level training and continuing education to staff.
- Research, develop and evaluate new technologies to support digital design workflows, and consult with senior staff on how to best deploy emerging technologies.
- Manage setup of new projects, including directories, standards, and customization as needed.
- Perform project audits to ensure model health, code compliance, and BIM standards are met and work to resolve issues as they arise.
- Oversee BIM-related project team inquiries and provide day-to-day support with modelling, documenting and detailing.
- Assist with monitoring and enforcing BIM standards, execution plans and project directory structures.
- Manage the implementation of supporting software, custom toolbars, plugins, macros and Dynamo routines for BIM tools.
- Communicate with consultants to receive, coordinate and update all electronic models.
- Identify trends and business opportunities relating to BIM & Design Technology.
- Attend conferences, seminars, and workshops related to Design Technology; communicating lessons learned and disseminating the information to appropriate teams.
- Minimum of five years of experience in architectural practice on project teams at all phases of project development. Experience on California projects and knowledge of California building code is strongly preferred.
Professional degree in architecture preferred.
- Participation in the full cycle of three or more large- scale built projects, involving collaboration with all major disciplines, and in a significant BIM capacity.
- Advanced proficiency with Revit, visual programming and associated third party software.
- Demonstrated track record of training implementation, standard development, and content management.
- Experience with performance analysis tools and process applied to BIM for energy consumption, solar study, view and quality control.
- Proficiency with Rhino and visual programming tools, visualization processes, and their operability with other environments.
- Some experience with developing and supporting an office-wide infrastructure consisting of: technologies, processes, workflows, policies and quality control methods for BIM work on multiple projects.
- The discipline to oversee all BIM-related project team inquiries, and proactively maintain a view of project needs and ongoing project alignment with established office-wide practice
- Commitment to improving effectiveness through process refinement and development of automation.
- Strong verbal, written and graphic communication skills, and a desire to help and teach others advance their skills in these areas.
- Strong self-motivation and judgment to set priorities, and manage competing demands for achieving long-term goals.
- Proficiency with the associated programming languages and knowledge of the APIs is a plus.
About the Office
The Handel San Francisco office is comprised of a group of talented architects, designers and support staff. We bring passion, motivation and energy to designing spaces that will make a positive impact on people’s lives and the urban realm.
In our collaborative open studio environment, we share ideas, engage in each other’s projects and contribute to creating exciting and dynamic designs. Together, we maintain a healthy and lively office environment, celebrating professional achievements and personal milestones. Our office provides full benefits, some including: healthcare, competitive PTO, parental leave, 401K matching, reimbursement and mentoring for ARE exams, and more!
Handel Architects LLP Profile:
We are architects, planners, and designers out to change the world.
At the core of our practice is the idea that cities are the incubators of our greatest achievements, and the best hope for a sustainable future. We believe that architecture and design matter, and that through the application of our skills, passion, talent, and hard work we can make a difference in the world.