CompassCom Software Corporation is a Geospatial technology company providing integrated Automatic Vehicle Location (AVL) solutions to enabling customers to use location-based data for fleets and mobile assets management. There is a requirement for proven success in sales and business development, excellent communication, technical, and organizational skills.
About the Role: Based in Denver, CO or Phoenix, AZ with Remote potential for the right candidate, the AVL Sales Manager will find new customers and manage existing relationships as we continue to grow sales according to the business plan. The ideal candidate is a driven, independent thinker, who can also be creative as we expand within our desired market segments. This person will have a strong business acumen and an aptitude to learn new things. Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, you will identify, qualify, negotiate, and propose & close deals to meet the growing sales revenue targets. Ideally, you have technical understanding and experience with Esri and or Cityworks software applications, specifically within State and Local Government and the Snow and Ice operations of Public Works, and have previous experience working with or selling software into those industry sectors.
You will develop an extensive pipeline of new sales leads, provide product and sales demonstrations to prospective customers, and formulate appropriate business relationships with accounts.
Impact You’ll Own
- Work with existing accounts to maintain, renew and grow business with existing customers.
- Generate pipeline from new logos via outbound, self-directed prospecting, navigate accounts. in your territory to identify new business opportunities, expand relationships and close sales.
- Identify channel and reseller relationships to expand market presence, seek out new partnerships and work with existing partners as needed.
- Collaborate with other sales, marketing and or operations resources for prospect meetings and presentations, generate proposals and present pricing to potential buyers.
- Maintain pipeline and sales forecast.
What You Bring
- Demonstrated success self-directed prospecting, finding and winning business with new customers.
- 5+ years of related sales experience in GIS Software, Fleet Tracking or Asset Management Software.
- Experience selling to Public Works and State and Local Government, including understanding the nuances of sales cycles and how to navigate multiple government agencies/divisions.
- Strong geospatial technical sales experience required along with a demonstrated track record of success.
- Experience conducting live as well as virtual demos of AVL software and solutions.
- Ability to forecast accurately and manage a pipeline of opportunities.
- Ability to source, sell, co-sell, and close large deals; carrying quota and closing should be familiar concepts.
- Ability to do deep discovery and build relationships to engage in complex pricing negotiations.
- As COVID regulations allow, must have the ability to travel.
What Makes You Stand Out
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Self-starter, able to work independently under tight deadlines in a small company environment.
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills.
- Negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
- Experience with CRM, outreach tools and forecasting solutions preferred.
One-Compass Suite of Companies Profile:
CompassHoldings is the management company that consists of inter-related, commonly owned companies, all created to serve the needs of the growing GPS/GIS industry. Corporate headquarters are in Denver, CO, with branch offices in Indiana, Minnesota, and New Mexico.
Providing end-to-end fleet management solutions and the most flexible, interoperable AVL program on the market today. Gives government, utilities, energy, and other organizations with mobile assets the ability to provide control and accountability, providing ROI through better management of fuel and materials, driver education and route planning. CompassCom.com
The world’s largest commercially available, downloadable Ground Control Data Set with more than 60,000+ Ground Control Points (GCPs), along with complete field data collection service capability and independent QA/QC. Providing accuracy assurance for mapping resources around the world. Along with our unique GCP archive we offer expertise in LiDAR calibration, Human Geography and Field Services. CompassDataInc.com
CompassDrone specializes in drone airframes, sensors, software, and services. They empower their professional clients to collect high-quality, spatially accurate photogrammetry and remotely sensed data. CompassDrone sells hardware from the world leaders in drone technology. Using the best suite of hardware and software, they support your efforts to enter this fast-growing market. They are uniquely qualified to support geospatial professionals with the best equipment to meet your project requirements, anywhere on the planet.