Geospatial company is seeking a professional candidate to support the Sales Team and bridge the gap between Sales and Accounting. We are a Mapping, Surveying and GIS technology company that focuses on sales, service, support, and training for high end, high accuracy mapping products and services, creating solutions for a variety of clients. We serve as consultants and educators for our clients, helping them choose the best bundled solutions for their requirements, whatever they may be.
Required hours for this position are 8 AM – 5 PM Monday through Friday. The candidate will need to understand inventory, QuickBooks and provide excellent customer service. It also requires great communication, technical, and organizational skills. This person must be detail oriented, able to multi-task, work on strict deadlines, prioritize and be flexible. This position must thrive in a team environment as it will undertake most of the administrative duties in an effort to free the sales team so they may focus on the busy business of selling! This position will be responsible for processing all customer orders and managing them from start to finish.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Responsible for administrating the entire sales process from quote to…sales order to…invoice to…money in the bank.
- Support sales with quote generation
- Process all orders from start to finish between 2 systems (Microsoft Dynamics CRM & QuickBooks)
- Source product & order from Vendors
- Fulfill and track all orders until the customer receives the order in its entirety (Software, Hardware, Service and Training)
- Submit Sales order for invoicing
- Maintain customer contact and purchase history information in CRM
- Plan and manage the execution of Part 107 trainings
- Review pending orders and specific customers’ requests to ensure excellent customer service and customer experience
- Review all orders for accuracy (must be detail oriented)
- Monitoring customer accounts
- Supporting Customers
- Assisting customers with questions regarding their order
- Provide troubleshooting assistance for customer orders, account statuses and relevant problems
- Pull reports to assist management and the sales team in forecasting
- Manage Inventory
- Pull reports to assist in determining inventory stock as well as compliance with vendor purchasing programs
- Monitor profit margins to ensure the best possible ordering process.
- Monthly inventory counts
- Investigate and account for all inventory errors per monthly inventory audits
- Recording daily flow of inventory
- Keep up with Monthly and Annual hosting and maintenance contracts up to date.
- Invoice customers that are under contract/subscription monthly and annually.
- Manage shipping
- Maintain current price books
- Manage the product item lists
- Manage Vendor Relationships
- Providing administrative and sales support
- Develops accounts by checking customer's buying history; suggesting related and new items; explaining technical features.
- Manage E-bay and non-inventory part sales
- Assist accounting and sales team in supporting customers
- Receive customer credit card payments
- Process GSA/BPA/DOI government orders
- Assess current business risk and provide recommendations to mitigate further risk
- Research BidNet and Beta.Sam.Gov opportunities for Sales to bid
- Support government proposal efforts
- Stay up-to-date with new product and feature launches and ensure sales team is on board
- Support account managers with clients to identify and define requirements, scope and objectives
- Preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings
- Provide marketing support when necessary
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in GIS, accounting, sales support or inventory management
- Excellent computer skills required. Must be proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Publisher.
- Must possess effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong analytical, organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to comprehend and interpret internal and external policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Ability to work and thrive in a team environment across all levels of the company
- Experience Microsoft Dynamics CRM & QuickBooks
- General GIS/GPS skills/knowledge
- Inventory/accounting experience
- Government purchasing/procurement procedures
- Bachelors degree in Business preferred
One-Compass Suite of Companies Profile:
CompassHoldings is the management company that consists of inter-related, commonly owned companies, all created to serve the needs of the growing GPS/GIS industry. Corporate headquarters are in Denver, CO, with branch offices in Indiana, Minnesota, and New Mexico.
Providing end-to-end fleet management solutions and the most flexible, interoperable AVL program on the market today. Gives government, utilities, energy, and other organizations with mobile assets the ability to provide control and accountability, providing ROI through better management of fuel and materials, driver education and route planning. CompassCom.com
The world’s largest commercially available, downloadable Ground Control Data Set with more than 60,000+ Ground Control Points (GCPs), along with complete field data collection service capability and independent QA/QC. Providing accuracy assurance for mapping resources around the world. Along with our unique GCP archive we offer expertise in LiDAR calibration, Human Geography and Field Services. CompassDataInc.com
CompassDrone specializes in drone airframes, sensors, software, and services. They empower their professional clients to collect high-quality, spatially accurate photogrammetry and remotely sensed data. CompassDrone sells hardware from the world leaders in drone technology. Using the best suite of hardware and software, they support your efforts to enter this fast-growing market. They are uniquely qualified to support geospatial professionals with the best equipment to meet your project requirements, anywhere on the planet.