Help define Apple's mass storage solutions for our current line of world-class products as well as have direct technical impact on what our future product capabilities will be. This is an extraordinary opportunity to showcase your skills in flash memory process and in device, test, and system engineering. In this role you will use your career success and technical depth to handle external suppliers, and driving items to closure across large multi-functional teams. At Apple we hire champions for quality and best-in-class product solutions.
NAND HW Development Engineer should have past experience with several of the following activities:
- Expertise in NAND engineering, with a thorough grasp of interactions with product engineering, design and/ process integrations aspects of the technology. 3D-NAND experience is helpful.
- Hands-on measurements of NAND array, with ability to connect single-cycle transistor properties, to full product operation. Experience across multiple-lithos spanning basic device definition through final qualification.
- Good understanding of key NAND system specifications, with respect to embedded NAND and SSD solutions.
- Do you have proven expertise in NAND failure analysis, testing and debug efforts? Experience in competitor analysis of NAND die and solutions is a plus.
- Responsible for communicating vendor/supplier NAND roadmap to internal technical and management teams
- Drive vendor NAND die roadmap to meet Apple's requirements (quality, performance, reliability, schedule)
- Define and drive NAND flash technology roadmap, and manage component vendors to meet spec and schedule requirements
- Support internal engineering teams in failure analysis and defining corrective actions
- Typically requires 5+ years in NAND development.
- Experience with NAND flash memory technology and processing is a plus.
- Experience with system level NAND flash engineering is a plus.
- Strong technical background.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- 3D-NAND development experience is a plus.
Apple Inc Profile:
There's the typical job. Punch in, push paper, punch out, repeat. Then there's a career at Apple. Where you're encouraged to defy routine. To explore the far reaches of the possible. To travel uncharted paths. And to be a part of something far bigger than yourself. Because around here, changing the world just comes with the job description.