Schneider Geospatial is seeking an entrepreneurial and energetic GIS expert to join to our growing Insourcing team. Become a trusted member of our clients’ teams and help implement and leverage great GIS solutions across a wide range of uses. The person in this role develops great relationships with a wide range of clients and is often the “face” of our company.
Tired of working in just one organization (and being limited to a small set of projects or uses of GIS)? At Schneider Geospatial you will work with a portfolio of amazing clients; which will provide you a wide range of projects to work on throughout the year. We are looking for a team member that has strong technical skills and advanced knowledge of both geospatial and local government operations. Candidates should be self-motivated and have the ability to adapt to a wide range of client environments. With a moderate overnight travel schedule of approximately 30% (could grow to ~50%), this person has a good deal of flexibility in scheduling engagements with clients.
Brief description of essential duties:
- Provide on-site consultation, including implementation of software, use of geospatial tools and techniques to solve problems, training, and support.
- Continue working on tasks and projects back at the office using included Flex time included in most assignments.
- Tasks and projects that may be worked on are almost limitless.
- Engage other team members to work on projects and tasks within your portfolio as needed.
- Must develop strong, trusting relationships with clients, and help them define and envision their GIS roadmap.
- Help develop GIS plan(s), budgets, projects and timelines, etc. to achieve goals.
- Work with multiple offices and people within assigned organizations.
- Additional project work outside of assigned portfolio will provide additional opportunities and experiences.
- Look for additional opportunities where Schneider may be able to assist the organization and work with the Sales team as needed.
Qualifications that make you a perfect fit:
- BA/BS or Certificate in GIS, Geography, Business, IT or related field.
- Experience working with geospatial and/or e-Government solutions.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in a consultancy environment preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with geospatial and e-government solutions, direct implementation experience strongly desired.
- Advanced knowledge of GIS technologies, ESRI's ArcGIS platform.
- Strong work ethic and proactive approach
- Desire to work in small teams with an entrepreneurial attitude.
- Good communication, enunciation and grammar skills (in the English language) are highly important.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Willingness to learn new skills
- A valid driver’s license, good driving record, and the ability to be covered by the company’s insurance are required.
Schneider Geospatial Profile:
Schneider Geospatial partners with clients to create innovative solutions combining GIS and related technologies with exceptional customer service.
A technology leader, Schneider Geospatial provides innovative industry leading solutions such as Beacon™/qPublic.net™ (local government information for the Web), GeoPermits™ (cloud based permitting and workflow management), and IDAM™ (web-based solution assessing disaster damage). In addition to publishing a large portfolio of client focused applications and solutions, Schneider also provides a full range of data conversion, technical support, training, and consulting services greatly valued by our clients.