Saalex is looking for a Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Analyst. Candidate will provide GIS services to military support organizations in Fallon Nevada. This position is critical for helping to integrating data for Naval assets including capturing, storing, processing, analyzing, managing and presenting geographic information and data. Candidate will relate and integrate data from multiple sources and will convert information into GIS compatible, recognizable form and use.
1. Create spatial data sets, prepare/distribute maps, and maintain databases.
2. Integrate data and researching geographical information
3. Provide GIS Analyst support to customers
4. Document and analyze requirements from users and managers and translate them into application, functionality, and data requirements
5. Perform 3D terrain analysis
6. Assist with training stakeholders
1. Two (2) years’ experience MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
2. Two (2) years ESRI ArcGIS experience
3. U.S. Citizenship required
4. DoD secret security clearance or the ability to reactivate a clearance held within the last 24 months
5. Must be able to pass a background check
1. Experience supporting GIS requirements for federal DoD customers, preferably Navy customers.
2. Two (2) years experience within an environmental GIS support arena
3. Two (2) years of technical knowledge of commonly used mapping tools and supporting applications
4. Bachelor’s Degree in Geography, Geographic Information Systems, Information Technology or related field from an accredited University.
5. Experience supporting GIS requirements within the Department of Defense (DoD), preferably within the U.S. Marine Corps.
1. U.S. Citizen Required
2. DoD secret security clearance or the ability to reactivate a clearance held within the last 24 months
3. Must be able to pass a background check
Saalex Solutions is an Engineering and Information Technology company with a focus on Range Operations and Maintenance, Engineering & Logistics Services, Information Technology Services, and Data Analytics Support Services.
Over 20 years in business, our 70% military/veteran, talent-rich staff of over 600 full-time employees nationwide is what continues to drive our impressive and rewarding growth, enabling us to be flexible, adaptable, efficient, and easy to do business with.
Because our people are our success, we provide all our full-time employees with top benefits, to include a 401k with a company match - 100% vested from day one, and an employee-owned corporate structure (ESOP).
Deep understanding of user requirements, acquisition/project processes, and state-of-the-art technologies serve as fertile ground for our employees’ personal & professional growth and career development, and our staff appreciate our employees-first approach in lateral and forward advancement opportunities.