The Senior Highway Engineer candidate will be responsible for managing transportation projects, leading the roadway/highway analysis and design, plans production, specifications, reports, and estimates efforts on conventional and design-build projects for GDOT and municipal clients. Additional responsibilities include supervising and mentoring roadway/highway staff; organizing and monitoring labor budgets and schedules for assigned projects; coordinating with discipline key task leaders and staff to ensure ongoing communications; performing quality control on deliverables; meeting project deliverable schedules and budgets for assigned projects; and supporting marketing and business development initiatives. The candidate will be responsible for developing and building upon working relationships with clients while actively participating on technical committees of at the local, state, and national level through relevant professional organizations.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Civil Engineering from ABET accredited university
- 10+ years of experience in roadway/highway engineering
- Georgia professional engineering (PE) registration or the ability to obtain within 6 months of employment
- Working knowledge of MicroStation, InRoads
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience leading or working with large multi-discipline teams
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and overall quality control and management
- GDOT experience
- Experience managing and mentoring engineering staff
- Experience working on General Engineering Consultant and Design-Build contracts
- Experience with business development
- OpenRoads and Geopak experience
If this sounds like the role for you and you're ready to join an amazing team, please apply.